Graze boxes.....

Options
In 2013, I was gifted a membership to the Graze boxes which are 4 individual boxes of snacks that you can choose from on their website. I've had a bunch that I enjoy and are great to throw in my purse on the run. I've also had a few not so great ones and ended pawning them off on my bosses, lol! I just wondered what fellow MFP's thought of these :smiley:

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Love them! (in before everyone posts their invitation code).
  • FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love mine - it came yesterday in the mail.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for them myself. Had a strange aftertaste and several of the ones I was interested in had very similar seasoning.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I like the surprise aspect of them, but the contents can be hit and miss. Except for the Campfire S'mores. I wish that was in allllll the boxes.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I really like graze. It lets me have a large variety of snacks in my desk drawer at work. I've even been able to recreate some of the nut/fruit/seeds combinations from the bulk bins at Whole Foods.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I use them on and off
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I sent away and got my free box. But I cancelled before the subscription kicked in.

They were all right...just all right. I thought they were fairly tasty. I just didn't think it was worth $8 for a glorified handful of crackers.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Once the price went up it no longer seemed worth it. It was fun getting new snacks in the mail, but they weren't really big enough for me to considering a snack. :3
  • Francl27
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I sent away and got my free box. But I cancelled before the subscription kicked in.

They were all right...just all right. I thought they were fairly tasty. I just didn't think it was worth $8 for a glorified handful of crackers.

It's $6 actually.

I get it once a month, I've actually switched to the 8 snack box as it's $10. I did 'trash' a bunch of stuff I know I wouldn't like though, but everything else has been delicious, and I'm definitely eating more nuts thanks to them (I could NEVER make them so tasty myself).

They offer big bags now too, but a full bag of their flapjacks is just WAY too dangerous.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Had to Google them as I've never heard of them before. Is it worth the price?
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

It's $6 actually.

I get it once a month, I've actually switched to the 8 snack box as it's $10. I did 'trash' a bunch of stuff I know I wouldn't like though, but everything else has been delicious, and I'm definitely eating more nuts thanks to them (I could NEVER make them so tasty myself).

They offer big bags now too, but a full bag of their flapjacks is just WAY too dangerous.

Actually we're both off - they're advertised on the site as $6.99.

In any case, I can go buy 2 bags of Chex Mix, portion them out into about 4x the number of 150 calorie servings as I get with a Graze box.

But that's just my opinion...
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I used to get them and like getting them. But I usually ate them all at once. Weren't a good value, so I stopped buying them. Also tried nature box.
  • Francl27
    Options

It's $6 actually.

In any case, I can go buy 2 bags of Chex Mix, portion them out into about 4x the number of 150 calorie servings as I get with a Graze box.

No, the 4 snack box is $6...

And yeah, value wise, you can get the same amount of calories elsewhere for much less money, it's just not as tasty IMO. So for me it's worth a couple more extra $.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

It's $6 actually.

And yeah, value wise, you can get the same amount of calories elsewhere for much less money, it's just not as tasty IMO. So for me it's worth a couple more extra $.

Actually, for me here in the States, the 4 count box is $5, or less if you have referrals. The 8 count is ~$6. I get the once a month for my daughter who eats them that day as a treat, not really a snack like thing for us.

• amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love them - nicely portion controlled, and good variety of sweet & savory. I believe I am grandfathered in at $6 with shipping, and I think they're worth it. The chili honey almonds and all the flapjacks are my favorites. The banana dippers are yummy too.
  • acheben
    Options
    amanda9402 wrote: »
    I love them - nicely portion controlled, and good variety of sweet & savory. I believe I am grandfathered in at $6 with shipping, and I think they're worth it. The chili honey almonds and all the flapjacks are my favorites. The banana dippers are yummy too.
    I found a pretty good recipe that tastes pretty close to the graze chili honey almonds: http://damndelicious.net/2013/12/10/sriracha-cinnamon-sugar-candied-nuts/
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

It's $6 actually.

Well...they must discount off the advertised price then, cause when I open up the home page, I see 4 snack box, $6.99

In any event, we agree that they're high in price compared to other options. But yes, they are more varied and probably more convenient than portioning out a big bag of something else.
  • acheben
    Options

It's $6 actually.

It looks like they recently raised the prices for new customers.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but I have a monthly tea subscription box that I love.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh yikes, yeah, $6.99 would be too much.