How badly did I fail?

Options
ok, I'll keep this brief.

I had an evil stomach bug over the weekend which wiped me out the last few days.

Today is the first day I've felt more normal and I managed to do half a workout at home today.

I missed breakfast today, (sort of forgot as I got busy), had a few crackers with cheese for lunch and then a healthy option chicken curry for dinner.

BUT...after dinner tonight I was still peckish and wanted a treat. So I had a toffee and vanilla ice cream cone from Tesco. It's the first treat I've had in 6 weeks. Now, whilst I'm still under my daily calorie allowance, mfp said that the cone was high in fat. So will this be more tricky to burn off than say a low fat yoghurt or something?

Btw I'm still wiping the crumbs from my face as I type this...oops

Replies

• IGotThis1992
    IGotThis1992 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    MFP has a lot of "warning" that it gives. For example, it says my eggs are high in cholesterol. Don't fret!
  • lennonluvr
    lennonluvr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    With the evil stomache bug, were you able to keep much down? If not you could just log it and count the fat toward your weekly total.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For weight loss it is all about calories, fat won't make you fat. So if you are still under your goal that is a win! You are allowed to have yummy foods while eating a deficit!
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's a fail. As long as you are under your daily allowance, you're good. I usually have a cheat day once a week, where I indulge a little. I just make sure I plan it into my meal plan. As time goes on, the "cheats" that you crave get better and better for you.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I was so happy when MFP gave us the option to turn off those warnings in the app. Success or failure is based on your overall diet throughout the day, not individual food choices. If it fit in your calories and nutrition goals, then I don't see a problem.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a problem. (I post, while eating a Kitkat bar)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    nah, don't worry. I turned off those naggy little "information" thingies. Such a pest lol
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that helps a lot. Never really felt guilty about food before!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    acmanna wrote: »
    For weight loss it is all about calories, fat won't make you fat. So if you are still under your goal that is a win! You are allowed to have yummy foods while eating a deficit!

Yep, a Big Mac is 600 calories and a Snickers full size bar is 250 calories, and if that's all you ate every day without exercising you would lose weight at the rate of two or three pounds a week. Calories burn to keep your body warm and alive, so even if you slept for 24 hours and didn't eat anything, you would burn from 1400 - 2000 calories according to your weight.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Fat won't make you fat so stop worrying about that. The only way it will mess up any progress is if you went over calories. If you are still on target, then forget about it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Aaah, those silly symbols. It cheerfully announces how "healthy" my Cheerios are but completely skips my rolled oats and my apple. Why? My suspicion is that the manufacturer paid for it.

OH, you'll be fine. Still on calorie deficit. Fat is digested slowly and gives you a steady calorie burn.
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going to turn off those alerts then. Didn't realise you could actually...thanks
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not a fail at all. You were under your calorie count so you're fine. Remember, everything in moderation.

Don't beat yourself up when you go over your allotted calories/macros - you're more likely to binge. Just take it as a part of the game and learn from it. (And if you go way over too many times, you should look into re-evaluating your goal, by either upping your calories/macros or consuming less calories.)
    -
    Also fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You didn't fail at all! Turn off those alerts -- they're silly anyhow. :-)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Those warnings are funny. Eat two eggs and it tells you that you have had too much fat. Eat three eggs and it congratulates you on all your protein. Hahaha.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a fail to me. You stayed under your calories. Beyond that it's just details. Don't sweat it.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Can you live the rest of your life without an ice cream? Sounds like a sad existence. It's not failure to have a treat now and again. It's life.
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No biggie, MFP gives warnings all the time. I see them as a "don't eat too much of this" warning, rather than a "never eat this food again" warning, personally. There's nothing wrong with eating small amounts of unhealthy treats, you just don't want to go overboard.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Yes, turn off the alerts. If I want to be nagged, I'll ask my wife! :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    considering that calories are what matters, I'm failing to see the fail...