Eating Disorder Recovery Friends!

Options
I am currently in recovery from an Eating Disorder and I'm looking for friends who could motivate me and keep me heading in the right direction. I was in two minds about continuing the use of this site whilst in recovery, the emphasis being on calories and weight, but I still find it a useful tool in making sure I eat enough and also just because there's a sense of community!

I would really love some healthy role models...I am getting additional support as well but friends are too important!!

x

Replies

• lomlji
    lomlji Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Lou! Im Lucy. I'm about 3 years 'recovered' ... I was hoping there would be more recovery people on here! I'm finding this very comforting and like I'm back in control. I'm making sure I balance what I eat with exercise although that's tough when it's so cold out there! I'm 5ft4 currently weighing about 8st2lbs but hoping to get to about 7.10 and maintaining that weight healthily... It's hard not to get too obsessed with it isn't it?
    How are you getting on? Are you looking to gain? Fit and healthy is the way forward!!!! X
  • danygore
    danygore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Lou I'm Dany. I guess you could say I'm new here. I used to use this app to keep my calorie intake at a minimum and I stopped using it a couple of years and now I'm trying to find a balance. I want to be healthy and eating right, not too much and not too little.
    I'm kinda hoping to find friends in a similar situation. :D so how is your recovery going?
  • kaylaaudreym
    kaylaaudreym Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lou! I'd love to be friends
  • Th3Admiral
    Options
    I've struggled with EDs for the past 12 years or so. I've been hospitalized and diagnosed with AN five times and at several points I'm sure I would have met the criteria for BN and EDNOS (not at the same time, of course). My husband and I have just had a beautiful baby boy and for the first time in my life, I'm losing weight in a healthy manner. All for my son! I struggle some days not to severely restrict, but so far to has been six months of healthy eating! I would love to have recovered friends to support and be supported by! Please feel free to add me. :)
  • crystaldmb41
    crystaldmb41 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am recovered but losing weight in a healthy way for my wedding dress! I would like to have support from others because sometimes I struggle with the thoughts and feelings again. Please add me!
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you if I can but I will say if you are eating too little more than occasionally you don't want me as friend I believe in being upfront not say yeah good job when you are starting to backslide> My base has been down a little lower we are adjusting it but with my routine being as it is I eat exercise calories back. It has been 3 years now since I did an outpatient treatment program and am doing great some friends on here a fantastic RD and amazing trainer who I work with still but long distance now since he moved I had a jlitch that that MD can't explain I don't feel hunger very often messed brain up is best guess so I do have to keep track of calories and it has worked just part of routine and I do use alarms at times if schedule is too busy because I train hard and compete too. Always enjoy new friends
  • kailarose24
    kailarose24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lou (and others), nice to hear there are other people struggling with the same problems that I do in recovery. It feels like a bit of a battle when on one hand you have to recover to be healthy, but on the other you don't want to eat to much/little that you become healthy in a different way to your ED! At the moment I'm working on very slow weight loss to a healthy set point - made a little harder by the commencement of volleyball season.... nothing better for self-confidence than bulk exercise in spandex, surrounded by really fit people :-) Does anyone have any tips for maintaining a normal intake/exercise habits day to day? How do you guys deal with the urge to slip back into 'unhealthy' habits?
  • veggiefruit2
    Options
    First off congratulations!
    I myself have suffered from eating disorders for many years starting from middle school!
    I've "relapsed" unfortunately, but it's been 3 1/2 years since my last relapse.
    I'm here for any support :-)
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options
    Hey, I've had EDNOS in the past, never properly recovered. The most problematic of my behaviors was Try to keep myself losing at a healthy rate, even though I find it difficult to not go to extremes. I would love some support/to give support
  • SarahKate2710
    SarahKate2710 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I guess I'd be considered 1 1/2yr recovered from EDNOS. I also debated using this site after the initial diagnosis, but I've found that if I just set my activity level to active, don't log exercise calories, and eat the recommended calroies for my height and weight, I'm less obsessive and it seems to make things easier.
  • morelimesplease
    morelimesplease Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had issues with binging, restricting, and over exercising. I have lost over 100 pounds the healthy way now though, and have 43 pounds to go. It's hard not to over exercise/restrict sometimes because I lose slower now that I am smaller, but I am doing my best and looking for support and to support others!