What is the best protein powder?

Options
mgreen10
mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
I'm looking for the highest protein content with the lowest calories and low sugar....my favorite flavor is vanilla. Thank you so much!!

Replies

• snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I use Gold Standard Whey Protein - I think the brand is Optimum Nutrition. I don't know if it's the best but I like it. I did most of my research on bodybuilding.com through their "store" part of the website.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I like the one from GNC called lean shake and it comes in Vanilla.
  • GINA9111
    GINA9111 Posts: 1
    Options
    My 2 favorites are Jay Robb's Egg White Proteina and Biochem Whey Protein Isolate. Both low in calories, high in protein, and low in sugar.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I use Max Muscle products, I've always had good results with any thing I've tried.
  • seren28
    seren28 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like Jay Robb's Whey protein :)
  • Mastray
    Mastray Posts: 10
    Options
    I use Intek Evolution Protein. It tastes great and is amazing for you. I love it!
  • sushilicious
    Options
    I do like me some Optimum Nutrition whey :> (lotsa flavors too)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I think it comes down to which, if any, artificial sweeteners you are willing to eat. Decide that first. Then go looking. The calories per gram of protein will end up being about the same for all brands - unless they use actual sugar - in which case they will be a little higher.
  • filmo
    filmo Posts: 3
    Options
    I like Muscle Milk 100% Whey Protein Powder. It's one of the few palatable ones and mixes easily with water. Best mixing powder I've found.

Most of them clump up unless you use a blender to do the mixing. Muscle Milk works fine with just a spoon.

I like to kick it up a bit by blending a whole banana in on occasion. Pumps up the potassium which I find I have a hard time getting enough of.
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like Natural Factors, Whey Factors 100% Natural Whey Protein. It has 80 calories per scoop/serving, 2 g fat, 1 g sugar, and 15 g protein. I like both french vanilla and double chocolate. I get it at our local healthfood store.
  • kenuk1
    kenuk1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try Maximuscle Promax Diet!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition's Whey. I have the Strawberries and Cream flavour, just with water and a shaker - haven't been adventurous at all... yet!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use ON Whey Protein. :) It's yummy, and it's not too bad in calories and has only 1g sugar. I have the Vanilla Icecream, but I heard the cookies n' cream flavor is amazing. I like to semi-freeze my milk, then stick it in the blender with the whey powder and a table spoon of peanut butter.
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use PHD phama whey protein. very low carbs, high protein. Also another tasty one is DIET FUEL and thats pretty low too