Fitbit? Or???

Options
hey just wondering if anyone has anyone can recommend a fitness Tracker band. I'm looking at the Fitbit hr charge. Has anyone had any experience with it? Are you happy with it

Replies

• cgrooms676
    cgrooms676 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Fitbit, but I have the Garmin Vivofit and absolutely love it. It tracks steps, miles,calories, sleep patterns and syncs with MyFitnessPal. It also has a red "move" bar that pops up when you haven't moved in an hour and makes me want to get up and make it go away, which is perfect because I sit behind a desk all day and don't realize how long I've been sitting sometimes. Definitely keeps me motivated!
  • jwags19
    jwags19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also looking at the FitBit Charge HR, I currently have a BodyMedia but since Jawbone purchased them it looks like they are discontinuing which means no support...
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar loop(on sale at best buy for around $80) with polar h7(on sale best buy around $55) both waterproof and Bluetooth.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been using the charge hr for about a week so far and aside from feeling like a bit of a dork wearing it sometimes, I've loved it. I read a few reviews from people complaining that it doesn't read hr accurately in the high ranges when working out but for most (including me) it seems to be within 2-5 BPM of my polar chest strap monitor most of the time. The polar will say 165 and the charge says 162 for example. That's fine for my purposes long as I don't need to wear the damn strap :)

It also automatically syncs with mfp and adjusts your calories based on how it estimates your burn throughout the day which is handy.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love my charge hr.

It is always within a couple bpm of the gym equipment.

I got my heart rate up into the 160's today and it never missed a reading.

Most of the reports of gross inaccuracy and failed readings are, IMHO, people who aren't wearing it correctly.
  • lauritamrojas
    Options
    I use the fitbit and i love it because is small, I can use it in my cloth without anyone see me.