Motivation gone :( HELP!

I don't know what has happened lately but I have absolutely NO motivation. I'm down to my last 10 to 15 lbs of weight to lose and just can't get rid of it. The only thing that keeps me going is the guilt I would feel if I don't exercise. Has anyone else had this happen and if so, what's the best way to get over it?? I'll take any words of wisdom I can get.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    I don't know what has happened lately but I have absolutely NO motivation. I'm down to my last 10 to 15 lbs of weight to lose and just can't get rid of it. The only thing that keeps me going is the guilt I would feel if I don't exercise. Has anyone else had this happen and if so, what's the best way to get over it?? I'll take any words of wisdom I can get.

Thanks in advance!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Have you tried things like changing up your goals? Instead of focusing so much on pounds focus on a fitness goal (mine just became to run a 5K and eventually...complete 1,300 miles (between running, biking, etc)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    I can relate. I haven't had much motivation to work out lately but what I keep thinking of is that every drop of sweat, every accelerated heart rate is pushing me that much closer to my final weight-loss. You've come so far and you don't have very much left to lose, why give up now?! You can do it! :drinker: Just get up and exercise! Maybe you need to spice up your workout routine. Good luck!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I look at old pictures of myself when I was at my heaviest --200 lbs--, and I look at myself in the mirror now, and that spurs me to keep going. Also, I think about all the negative people who told me that I'd never do it, and I'd never amount to anything, and I have a raging desire to prove them wrong.:glasses: