Toning for Dummies...

bloodbinds
bloodbinds Posts: 3
edited 4:07AM in Fitness and Exercise
I've been losing weight really well and though i am technically a healthy BMI now, i still have about a stone i would like to lose (to be my pre pregnancy weight)

Now, i've only be dieting with no exercise so far, but now i want to lose the last stone and tone up!

I very rarely exercise, and never done toning exercises in my life, so i'm a complete newbie to wanting to tone up. I don't wnat bulky muscles or anything, just want to stop the wobbling! Lol.

So, any suggestions how i can tone up my entire body? Something for beginners perhaps? Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    swimming , walking, dance its all about finding something you enjoy othe wise is becomes hard work and you give up!

try lots of different things , good luck on your journey!

By the way i do pump classes , and women DON'T bulk up ! we really don't we tone and Strengthen.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    HI and welcome!

Don't worry, girls just don't have the ability to grow massive muscles without serious body-building training. I've got a great book called "Smart Girls Do Dumbbells" which takes you through the basics.

I'd also recommend buying a fitness magazine like Zest or the US import Shape which every month feature two or three workouts using weights or your body weight.

There's a lot you can do using just your body weight too. Try squats and lunges for your legs, crunches and planks for your core and push-ups (start on your knees) and triceps dips for your upper body.

Don't forget to do regular cardio too, that'll help shift that stone and some wobbly bits.

Good luck!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    WALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FREE AND EASY
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    If you're happy with at home DVDs, check out Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zone. The whole hour is dedicated to toning. You'll get some really nice definitions in your shoulders and arms if you keep it up.

=)
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    cardio cardio cardio
  • micarla1
    micarla1 Posts: 41 Member
    Cardio - anything that gets your heart rate up - aerobics, swimming, walking, jogging, cycling, workout dvds, gym? whicever you choose.

Resistance Work - Dumbells or body weight exercises as mentioned earlier. A good balance of both - Cradio will definitely get rid of the wobbly bits :) and resistance work will tighten those muscles!

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.