Why am I getting headaches?

Options
I started working out a lot lately. At least 4 times a week and on top of that I do school full time (college work) online and work in an office full time. I notice that ANY time I start physical activity I get a headache on the left side of my head, like center front area. It's always in the same spot and I thought I was overdoing it with exercise but then I noticed that as soon as I start on any workout machine (usually cardio) within 2 minutes I'm getting the same headache. Now I notice it's with the commencement of ANY physical activity. Like the other day I walked down 5 flights of stairs and as soon as I started going up I felt the same headache and that was like 3 steps in. Why am I getting this same headache every time I do movement other than just plain walking?

Replies

• PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You should speak to a Dr first and foremost as you are unlikely to get a proper diagnosis from internet people (despite their best intentions) who don't know you, your full medical history, stats, sleep patterns, medications and family history. I hope you get it sorted out quick and there are no issues to concern you.
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree....please see a dr. There is no one on a weight loss site who can give you a correct answer and that is not something that is normal. You need a real doctor to determine that....

Good luck!
  • zorks4ever
    Options
    Definitely see your doctor. Make sure to drink extra water. Dehydration causes headaches.
  • kphilli403
    Options
    I had the same issue! Ended up getting a brain MRI, seeing a neurologist, full labs, etc. Everything came back completely normal. Apparently is was from dehydration so drink drink drink. Mine have subdued but they definitely still come and go after a long run.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I second (or third at this point) going to see your doctor. Repeat headaches in the same area is how I found out I had a cyst on my brain last year. While it may not be something serious, it is a symptom that you want to get checked out by a medical professional now, not later
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Get your blood pressure checked and let your doctor know what is going on. Let him/her rule out anything serious. Make sure you are drinking enough water for the exercise you are doing. Dehydration can cause headaches.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You have your answer. A rise in blood pressure which would happen just as you start an activity, could cause a headache. You hope that blood pressure isn't causing an aneurysm. To the doc, to the doc, to the doc, doc, doc.

Sorry. Wicked grandma brain. I am capable of imagining the worst.

Or it could be simple dehydration.
  • elysianlune
    elysianlune Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a low-carb diet or cutting out any important meats or fats?

This happened to me when I tried to eat under 50 grams of carbs and about 1200 calories each day. I wasn't losing any weight and I was tired all the time.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an exertion headache. A few things can cause them. SEE a Doctor
  • addy2261
    addy2261 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will definitely be going to see my doctor. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Yep. Doc & Water.

I get them from certain foods. Nitrates, nuts, smoked/aged foods, chocolate....

Bcp also use to give me headaches. But- I digress. Doc would be first and foremost!