dealing with cravings

Options
sungoddess337
sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
I have intense cravings and want to know what flavors soothe the savage craving beast. For instance, what can you eat, drink, or smell that will satisfy a craving for ice cream or pizza?

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or pizza, just less of it. Or you can exercise more to earn a bigger portion.

For ice cream, you can mix a small scoop of soft ice cream into a cup if berries, then freeze for a bit. This will make the portion look bigger and it will still taste of ice cream. You could also buy some of these low calorie ice creams although I'm not a big fan.

For pizza, you can order thin crust, or make it at home and use less cheese. Have a classic margarita or tomato and basil pizza, those are lower in calories... and so on.

This applies to everything you may crave, you can either:
    1. have less of it
    2. earn more of it
    3. make modifications to make it lower in calories
  • ginatennison
    ginatennison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make pizza quesadillas. Low carb wraps with a good pizza sauce, reduced fat mozz and turkey pepperoni. So good!
  • jacquelynjewett
    jacquelynjewett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For ice cream cravings, mash/blend up a couple of ripened bananas, (add in cocoa, peanuts, or even choc chips or whatever floats your boat for extra flavor) , depending on consistency you can add some milk, and put in the freezer for a bit, enjoy! OR you can cut up the banana, and freeze it then add to a food processor and blend.
  • yo1chana
    Options
    My sister bought me this machine from Dole called a yonana. You take frozen bananas and other frozen fruit and the juice/grinder makes it into a ice cream like consistency. You have to use bananas because it pushes the other fruit thru and makes the right textures. Its awesome.

I'm a sugar craving person. A nutritionist said to eat meat when I do get cravings. Doesn't work for pizza though.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    For ice cream you can whisk up a drop of vanilla essence into some semi-skimmed milk and add lots of ice. You don't even need to add sweetener. The vanilla flavour makes you think it's sweet. Also agree that the banana based yonana thing is a good idea. Or a low fat vanilla yoghurt?
  • gsblondee
    Options
    I work with a Nutritionist friend of mine. Per her recommendation, I drink a shake that reduces sugar cravings. It is part of my 5-6 meals a day....usually the afternoon meal.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Ice Cream. I have a "cookie scoop" that measures 1/4 c. so I get two scoops for 90 calories. For pizza, I make homemade and use a low carb tortilla, flat out, or roasted Portobello cap for the base. I also make roasted buffalo cauliflower for the wings cravings or I make homemade wings in the oven instead of frying.