Getting Started... Again

Options
I don't like myself, I've let myself get lazy and full of excuses. I work as a bank teller and recently moved to a city so the sedetary life had really kicked in. I need to lose about 150lbs. A recent arguement with my boyfriend and a candid photo by a co-worker has me re-energized and ready to take on my weight loss. A co-worker was messing with an old insta-cam we found and caught a blury but still noticably doubled chinned version of myself. I didn't like it one bit so now that photo resides in my purse as a reminder to lose all the weight and never again look like this.

I bought a Fit-Bit and a Bow-Flex Max as a present to myself. I've tried a gym and knew it was just another reason to pile on excuses (bad weather, late night at work, no car). The Bow-Flex gives me no reason to make excuses. The Fit-Bit helps by tracking my activity and also acting like a string around my finger, reminding me not to eat that office doughnut and to track on MyFitnessPal.

This is the year I'm going to lose it, I have a very supportive boyfriend (the fight was tough love) and I'm tired of promising myself to lose the weight and failing. I no longer want to hate shopping for clothes. Plus I will be wearing a wedding dress soon enough and I want to look AMAZING :smiley:

What I need are some friends to keep me accountable and support along our weight loss journey.

Replies

• schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I hope you mean you don't like your weight...not yourself. Because YOU are not your weight. You are probably smart (must be good with numbers to be a teller), loving (have a supportive boyfriend), motivated, and I'm sure funny and kind. What's not to like???? :wink:

Feel free to add me as a friend! You're going to do fantastic!
  • lilMimi24
    lilMimi24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm starting again too after weight gain moving to a new city and starting a new job. Suffering the curse of the double chin as well! Determined to loose it, i have a free gym membership with my job but can always find excuses not to go, like to run outside though. Lets work towards amazing together!
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 93 pounds. I experimented with eating like people w/o a weight problems, proving that I, in fact, can NOT eat like most people. I gained 31pounds in 3 months. I am now convinced that I will have to make permanent changes or remain a prisoner in myself. I need to lose 224 pounds, myself. I need friends that will make me be accountable for my choices. No excuses, no starting tomorrow; only careful planning and rethinking what I have done will keep me focused on this journey.
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Check out The Beck Diet Solution. It is a book on that looks at dieting from the behavioral side. When you think about it, most of it is in our mind. This book, along with MFP friends for motivation and support is helping me this time (note, I said THIS time). I wrote down a bunch of reasons why I want to lose weight and I read it everyday at least once. You CAN do this. Feel free to add me. Good luck.
  • BananableLector
    BananableLector Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @schillewis I don't hate my personality, my smile, my hair... ect I do hate my weight and my long list of excuses. I'm in a battle with both. Right now I'm doing leg lifts at my work desk while typing this. Excuse that I don't have enough time to exercise.. GONE!

@lilMimi Thank you for the support!! I wish my job provided us with a free membership (and that the gym was walking distance from home or work. Once I walk in my front door all I can think of is showering and working on housework. Excuses, excuses.

@sungoddess337‌ I am in the same boat, my boyfriend eats pasta by the pounds and a lunch is two Big Macs for him. I have to realize that his job keeps him MUCH more active than mine and that I need to eat protein and veggies when he eats carbs. Going out to eat is was my downfall. I can't eat what he eats. I have to remind myself of that. AND TRACK THOSE CALORIES!! (even the ones that I "pick" at)
  • sarahb2904
    Options
    Lovely to read these positive comments.
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh my - you read my mind. I have a bowflex to and I think I'm going to buy myself a Fit bit. I'm the lazy girl too. Love to play my games and watch tv and just drink coffee. I have decided I just want to eat better and exercise. BUT my lazy self tends to take over in which I turn to food to tell me its ok. I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and want to keep up the momentum and not gain weight!! Add me hun and I'll do it with you!
  • 4rainbow3
    Options
    You can add me! I have an iPhone and can't add people. But feel free to add me!!
  • slovie64
    slovie64 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I need to lose 100 pounds. I know how those candid photos can kill you - I can't tell you how many photos of me I've un-tagged myself from on Facebook. I have a huge family reunion/vacation to attend this summer and I don't want those photos to be the death of me!
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone is welcome). Im on day 157 and have lost 26 pounds so far (with about 60 left to go). I do go to the gym 6 days a week, I'm working on training for a 12k in May (so lots of treadmill time and I do weights 3 times a week). On Thursday I ordered insanity max 30 (should be here on Tuesday) for a more overall workout (plus it looked like a lot of fun, this is what I get for watching infomercials at 3am).
  • eramir3z
    Options
    Please add me to your fitbit friends https://www.fitbit.com/user/33SNR6.
  • BananableLector
    Options
    Thanks everyone, just added whoever has responded since I last read my thread. For anyone who has a fitbit you can go ahead and add me. https://www.fitbit.com/user/36FPGV We can challenge each other to walk more!!
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have started over so many times I cannot count. Ive been working on my weight all my life. I just look at it as my continuous struggle...its my lesson in life that I need to learn. Once I accepted it, starting over becomes nothing...it's just another day of me doing what I can to be healthy and I no longer beat myself up over it. Good luck to you!

PS...I've been on this site for over 10 years now...this is my 3rd username lol. I've started over a plenty lol :-)
  • Grumpy_Marmot
    Options
    Good on you... The excuse train can be evil! While some evil is good (like bourbon) that sort of evil is something that can only be gotten rid of by taking the first step... Sounds like you have with the fitbit! I wish you luck and when that dark cloud seeps into your mind or that image in the mirror does not seem to be changing just remind yourself that you love who you are and got get that workout done!
  • BananableLector
    Options
    Thank you @DragonMeat and @Grumpy_Marmot .

I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to make sure I'm healthy and happy. Right now I'm fighting with the immediate pleasure of sleeping in vs exercising and losing weight for the long term pleasure. That will be my next battle.
  • nylo143
    nylo143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello there ! Yes, as it's said fat is not a feeling, it can never be a feeling, just like you are not your weight !
    But i know exactly what you mean, it's time to stop making excuses and hold myself accountable, on a good eating day or bad . Wedding dress shopping fears and wedding in July have got me wanting to do my best for my fitness. I want to look hot ! Add me on here :)
    Oh and best of luck !
  • Scott2bfit
    Scott2bfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe some new friends might help? Add me to help motivate or challenge you!
  • knkirk09
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I have about 120 to lose. I also have a Fitbit and love it! :smiley:
  • BananableLector
    Options
    Thank you @nylo143‌ @Scott6701‌ @karak33‌ Adding you now.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. I look forward to helping each other out. :smiley:
  • veanna111
    Options
    I work as an administration assistant/receptionist so I know it's harder to motivate yourself when not doing too much movement plus I work in a small office.
    I dedicated and committed myself to stick to an exercise routine which I started since Sept of last year. I also had a gym membership since 2004 and since there have been years when I would avoid it. I started out by watching some workout videos either on YouTube or winsor pilates which I bought and honestly after 2 weeks of commitment and dedication regardless of how you eat, your body will feel stronger and more capable of doing workouts. You begin to get into a habit of doing it and healthy eating and cutting back on calories get become better with more exercise. I don't know about everyone else bug for me this never fails. It's a 2 week mark for me, starting with light exercises. I think pilates or yoga is a great start you will be amazed!!! Add me if you like :)