Hot yoga

Dawn0797
Dawn0797 Posts: 7
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Do any of you by chance know how I can determine my calories burned while doing hot yoga? Im seriously thinking about trying it out and wanted to insight. TIA

Replies

• dsweatt
    dsweatt Posts: 1 Member
    everything i've looked up online says you burn around 600 calories an hour during a hot (105 degree) yoga class.
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Not sure about calories but would love to find out. I've done it two times so far and plan on going back this Sunday. I love how I feel afterwards. Have fun!
  • jasmin1310
    jasmin1310 Posts: 80 Member
    i do a 90 minute class and apparently it is aout 900 cals.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    what's HOt yoga? It sounds like something to do with sex haha..no really what is it?
    :)
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    This is kind of a controversial subject! There is this site, http://www.bikram-yoga-noosa-australia.com/weight-loss-and-yoga.htm but honestly I think it overestimates a lot. Yesterday in class my instructor said anywhere between 300-600 calories, but I'm not sure where he got those numbers. It's hard to estimate since you sweat a lot and that can make you think you have burned more calories than you really have. But I LOVE Bikram yoga and I always feel toned, tighter and happier after class. I always feel that I burn a good amount and work really hard and mentally it's a great workout too so that's cool with me. Hope you like it too!
This discussion has been closed.