Fort Worth TX Dedication!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Lauren, and I'm a 28-year-old hailing from Fort Worth, TX! I have been a "member" of MFP for three years, though I've probably only been active an accumulated six months or so. A little background of me if you will:

I have been overweight all of my life, starting with puberty. Since reaching adulthood I have hit the morbidly obese marker for my height, 5'7", and was diagnosed with PCOS, asthma and high blood pressure. During my adult life I also met and fell in love with a wonderful man who has since become my husband. I have been a yo-yo dieter my whole life and have tried many, but never really found myself able to stick with it for any length of time. The highest loss I have received in my adult life was for our wedding and even then it was only 17lbs.

I woke up one morning this year and realized that if I want to start a family with this man in the future I needed to make a change in my life, like yesterday! Bringing us to now. About 26 days ago, I stopped drinking sodas and highly sugared drinks and made the switch to primarily water. About two and a half weeks ago the Hubtron and I started researching and discussing meal prepping as a way to get healthy, save money and work wholesome meals around our polar opposite schedules. We are about to start prepping our third week of meal prepping today!

The change has been insane, almost immediately. I have lost nearly 10 lbs (.4lbs away), I have much more energy and have not eaten a full fast food meal in nearly three weeks! (I had a whataburger taquito and ordered fries one super early morning at the end of the first week, and couldn't even get through a 1/3 of the fries. They tasted of fried oil THAT much. Blech!!) Most important, though, is that it feels and ISO sustainable! I know this 10lbs is the first of many to come off in my journey to health.

All of that rambling nonsense said, I am looking for more folks who are trying to lose after many attempts and fails, who are in to food and meal prepping, maybe women who also are dealing with weightloss with PCOS, or anyone who enjoys Turbo Jam, PiYo, T25 or the like and want to be virtual workout buddies..... Basically anyone who wants to motivate and be motivated, get at me!! :) I love new friends and being a positive influence on others' lives! Also: on Instagram and FB with daily meal prep updates. Ask me for my profile names!

Can't wait to meet others on this path!!

Replies

• stronghealthywoman
    Options
    Wow good for you, those changes are making a huge difference in your health.

I also was over weight my whole life and I been down the road of ups and downs, but finally I have embarked in a journey of a lifestyle that has changed my life. I became plant-raw-vegan lifestyle and I wouldn't change it. I encourage others to look into it! Also I'm a huge juicing person, I make juicing part of life everyday for over 2 years now and what changes it makes.

Definitely feel free to add me to your list of friends, I been there and I can definitely would to help others achieve greatness in their lives through nutrition.

I live in Dallas, TX!
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im in the DFW area! Way to go!
  • Jodi_tree
    Jodi_tree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, fellow Fort Worth MFP'er here! I'm 29 and have fought weight problems most of my life. Two years ago I began working third shift (3 am-12 pm) and this change brought with it a sedentary, junky lifestyle plus 60 unwanted pounds. Eating healthier and counting steps through fitbit has me 14 lbs down from Jan 1, but I know its a long road. I am very interested in your meal prepping, especially since my live-in boyfriend works an opposite schedule from me (1-10 pm), and also would love to have friends on here to keep each other motivated! Please add me :)

Jodi
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm in ft worth as we speak. Just a doc visit though. I'm in southern OK. Awesome changes! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.
  • nuttygirly
    nuttygirly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren! Thanks for sharing your journey. I'm 38 and from Arlington, TX and I just started getting serious about clean eating and prepping. I would love to team up!
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Does not seem to be many active forum MFP's.
    From North West FW my self. Been really getting into cycling lately. Would love some local friends.
  • ApolakiKali
    ApolakiKali Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dallas, but I train in Hurst on the weekends. If any of you want to add me, feel free. Motiv8!
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well as an update, I had an injury that has left me with lots of pain and it's hard to get work outs in. So I need to focus on my diet. And just to stay moving with out doin to much.

Would love to find more DFW friends to help support each other on the fitness journey.