Anyone familiar with Lortab

Options
I was prescribed this yesterday, if you don't know, its a strong pain med. Up there with Vicodin. Anywho, I would like to take it today because the pain I have happens mostly at work, however it makes me a bit loopy. I can still function though. Just wondering if I should take it or skip until after work.

Replies

• qnicki
    qnicki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should not take it and drive or work. Lortab and Vicodin are the same med.
  • sandralox
    sandralox Posts: 1
    Options
    SKIP IT UNTIL AFTER WORK!! I started that along with (amytripiline) for migraines. The amy med blew me up 15 pounds in a month, and two times I took lortab, I was trippin!! It's strong, one pill was enough to knock me out. As a matter of fact, the doc told me to go home and take the rest of the day off so that I could take it the first time. Hope you feel better.
  • KristenAnn711
    KristenAnn711 Posts: 783
    Options
    I could take it once I get to work, but I'm a cashier and I'm afraid I'll screw up my till. but the pain is the worst at work because my uniform rubs on my skin. aahh
  • cfmusgrove
    cfmusgrove Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    make sure to drink plenty of fluids & eat something with fiber (or you'll be sorry!)
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you can hold off, using tylenol or ibuprofen during the day, and take the loratab when you get home is the better option.
  • nofwordallowed
    Options
    AND... do not take any additional tylenol with the lortab because lortab already has tylenol in it.

True that on the constipation factor! Push the fruits & veggies & tasty fiber one bars :-)
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    And if you've never taken it, be warned; it probably will make you itchy. That's a pretty common side effect from Lortab.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    And if you've never taken it, be warned; it probably will make you itchy. That's a pretty common side effect from Lortab.

i'm already itchy lol. shingles :(
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I took it this morning, and it kicked in on my way home from dropping off my boyfriend. I stopped at walgreens for a few things and ended up having a nice conversation with the cashier about cement..wow this is some strong medicine!