shock

Options
I cant believe how many skinny people are on here and they still want to loose more weight does anyone else agree or is it just me I think when you sign up fitness pal should stop people trying to loose weight when they don't need to the is way to many people with eating problems as it is sorry rant over hows everyone doing.

this is so close to my heart as I was one of these sufferers but got help but after having my daughter 18 months ago all I need to do I loose the rest of my baby weight then that's it I feel so head strong I can stop I wont let myself get like that again I look at my daughter everyday and remember it wasn't possible for me to have her healthy and strong with out me getting help first if anyone reading this wants help to fight eating disorder then please ask I am a success story I want to help xx

Replies

• Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I think you need to be careful about judging others and jumping to conclusions. Just because someone looks slim to you does not mean they haven't put on weight or gotten out of shape or aren't closing in on their weight loss (Or weight gain or fitness) goals. I may be one of the people you would say that about but I am at the higher end of my health range and can still healthfully lose another 20 if I want to. That does not constitute an eating disorder. There are studies showing that it is healthiest to be at the low end of ones healthy range and there is nothing at all wrong with striving for that. I wish you success in your journey.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    And remember, it's not myweightlosspal.com. It's myFITNESSpal.com. I'm here for the fitness primarily.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I'm shocked too. For an entirely different reason
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't think that it is really any of your business, to be quite blunt.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    24fyzag.jpg
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just because people use MFP doesn't mean they are trying to lose weight. I know several people who are extremely fit who use it to track their activity and offer advice, it has nothing to do with wanting to lose weight.

And also it isn't fair to judge others on how you perceive their weight. What you feel is "skinny" might still be overweight by the scale or BMI, or they could need to lose based on advice from their doctor for medical reasons.

Try not to judge those you don't know, based on what you see on a public internet forum.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm here for fitness-related reasons. I'm no longer trying to lose weight. I enjoy talking fitness with like-minded people.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I'm shocked too. For an entirely different reason

I'm curious as to why!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I think that your experiences are coloring what you see--a lot.

How are you determining that all of these people do not need to lose weight
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Keep your eyes on your own paper and don't worry about what anyone else is doing.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked too, just because I look small or look like I'm already at an ideal weight doesn't mean that I don't need to get in shape. Not everyone is on here just to lose excess weight that they put on over a long period of time or because they had a baby. Some people are on here to get fit and healthy and change their unhealthy habits. I will admit I'm a slightly active person, I run 5 miles 2-3 times a week and I go hiking and kayaking and biking with my husband and my dog but that's only on the weekends and if the weather permits. During the week for 8hrs every single day I do nothing but sit at a desk. Even though I run every now and then I'm still not as active as I used to be in highschool or college and I'm trying to change that. I don't eat as healthy as I should either, and since I've joined MFP I've tried harder to make healthier choices. Just because I live in a small town filled mainly with fast food restaurants doesn't mean I can't make healthy choices every day. My husband and I have even bought free weights to be able to workout together at home (we were going to start going to a gym but it was too expensive for our budget). I'm on my way to a healthier life, a healthier me and even though I may look like I'm already healthy, I don't feel it. Some people may see healthy as a number on a scale, but for me healthy is being fit, strong, confident, and being able to wake up every morning with so much energy that nothing could slow me down.

You have your reasons for losing weight or getting healthy and I have mine. My point is, "don't judge a book by its cover" and "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    I'm here for fitness-related reasons. I'm no longer trying to lose weight. I enjoy talking fitness with like-minded people.

Ditto! In addition to what everyone else has already said, the profile pics people use aren't always their most updated or may not even be them at all! No way it is possible or even feasible to make judgements.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Keep your eyes on your own paper and don't worry about what anyone else is doing.

umm.. lol
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A couple of thoughts: lots of folks are here for fitness, fitness discussions etc. I'm at a healthy weight, but enjoy discussing fitness and nutrition.

And, yes, each day there's a skinny teen, young adult who wants to be skinnier. The "thinspo" types. It's a sad phenomenon. And I hope everyone replies to these folks with context in mind and doesn't just automatically answer with how to lose weight faster, better, easier etc.

And then yes, there are many folks here to lose weight and regain their health.
  • takumar
    Options
    I'm here mainly for the food logging. Sodium monitoring is usually the one that goes into overload the earliest for me.
  • nia1101
    Options
    Congratulations on your daughter. I think it's amazing that you realised you had an eating disorder and you went for help. That takes a lot of courage. Well done for overcoming that.

Regarding your comments about skinny people I think maybe people are not considering that we all have different journey's. Whether we are going for that last 5lbs or 50lbs. Those with the smaller goals maybe don't realise how lucky they are :) everyone good luck on your journey big and small. And I hope that midnightryder92 will help someone out there go and seek help too if they are struggling with an eating disorder too.

• midnightryder92
    midnightryder92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you nia1101 and for everyone else no offense was. ment in any shape or form x