TRX-anyone done it?

Options
jennbo83
jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone done TRX?
I have mostly been doing Zumba but I want to work on resistance and strength training. A gym just opened up down the street from me that focuses on TRX. I have never done it before and was looking for some opinions. I am still pretty out of shape, but my understanding is that you are able to make adjustments to fit your abilities?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    One of the best equipment pieces that require little instruction once you understand how to keep your core tight.
    While I'm not Certified for TRX, I do use it with my clients for variety. I have one myself for my own workouts, especially when I'm not near a gym or travel where one may not be available.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    TRX is using your own bodyweight for resistance. Typically, it's taught in a group class with a trainer instructing the users. I've done it several times and I think it's a good strength workout. It won't burn more calories than cardio, but it will certainly develop some muscle, especially your core.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I've only used TRX under instructors also but the possibilities are endless. Although we have incorporated kettle bell using the TRX. And an instructor should assist you in any modifications for your fitness level.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I have one at home and I love it. It's very tough!
  • takumar
    Options
    Well worth getting into! Challenging, but results are noticeable in the end for core strength and stability. I've just signed up for my fourth cycle.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love TRX!! Used to do it all the time then fell off the wagon. Starting tomorrow again as I've built some strength back. Have one at home.
  • DRux434242
    Options
    I just ordered my own TRX yesterday (02-12-15) and plan to use it as my main strength trainer. I get all my cardio on my brothers elliptical.
  • eangel1023
    eangel1023 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Love the TRX. It allows me the opportunity to change up workouts and be creative with the exercises. For core work it is hard to beat. There are a bunch of exercises you can modify to your level. Its a great tool, but you still need other types of workout regiments for overall fitness. Mixed with zumba, you are on the right path.
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will check it out.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Love TRX! I've been taking classes since July, I try for two to three a week. Noticeable improvements in muscle strength and my abilities. I even have what I call "baby biceps." You can adjust yourself to make it as hard or easy as you need. There are always easy and harder options for the many exercises, I always try the harder ones and now I can do most of them. Definitely recommend.