lower back pain

Options
does anyone ever get lower back pain, and does anyone know any good stretches to help ?

Replies

• darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My best advice would be to find a good chiropractor or physical therapist. I went through physical therapy for a long time for this. Ultimately you need to build and balance your core muscles to support your back properly. Balance ball exercises are good for this.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it really depends on what kind of pain it is! is it a dull achy feeling like you pulled a muscle or a sharp stabbing pain. i had the sharp stabbing pain on my left side for a while and the only thing that helped it was a couple visits to the chiropractor (it was a pinched nerve).
  • margie957
    margie957 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    try Fish OIL.
  • snikles
    snikles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know my lower back pain is caused by my monthly cycle. One to two days before, my lower back will start to ache, much like I've strained it. It's one of the ways I know it is on it's way.
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just in case it's relevant, sometimes back pain can be associated with being dehydrated, just in case you're not drinking enough water.
  • Christiane81
    Options
    THANK YOU for mentioning chiropractic! Chiropractic and physical therapy can eliminate lower back pain and should be your first option. When you are painful, use an ice pack and ice the area for 15 minutes, wait an hour, and then do it again. This will reduce the swelling and help with pain until you can get to the chiropractor. Do you sit a lot at work?
  • yeahimdanielle
    Options
    I've had that too, and gone to the Chiropractor for it, but it continues to come back. What I do to stop it is crunches. Do exercises to build your abs, so the weight and pressure of your upper body is on them, not on your lower back. I hope this helped!