:((((((((

Options
I was eating under required calories, was exercising and had lost almost three pounds in the first week. Had my kid's birthday this weekend and since then, I have no control. Have been opening my pantry for all junkies, had lots of cakes and other calorie rich food. Now feeling soooooooooo low:((((((. Please help me.

Replies

• Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You know you can do it. Make tomorrow a new day and start again.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Just remember that over goal is usually still under maintenance
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it" Margaret Thatcher

• Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Try try again! We all fall off...it's about getting back up. Wipe the slate clean, be happy you had some extra treats for a few days and get back on the horse!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it" Margaret Thatcher
    So great!!

• Chamiram
    Chamiram Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was eating under required calories, was exercising and had lost almost three pounds in the first week. Had my kid's birthday this weekend and since then, I have no control. Have been opening my pantry for all junkies, had lots of cakes and other calorie rich food. Now feeling soooooooooo low:((((((. Please help me.

It's ok, we all make that mistake, no one's perfect. Just get back on the track & stay strong & committed, don't you give up. U CAN DO IT. Keep us updated
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Falling is sometimes part of the journey, it teaches us to get back up and put all our efforts into working towards our goals.
    At worst you have a few days of continuing to eat at a deficit to get back to the place you were before the 'slip'.. at best, you still eat at a deficit and continue to make awesome progress. Either way you make great progress towards your goal and the 'slip' becomes a necessary lesson that we all have to learn.. we ALL slip!!!

Give it your all, let go of any slips and put 110% into it!!

You got this!!!!!
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's only one day. Calm down, take a deep breath.
  • weighttracker2015
    Options
    Thank you for all you support. It helped me to be determined in my mind to start again. Thanks again :))))))))))))
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

1. Why are you starving your body? UNDER calories is not good, no matter what your mind tries to make you think.

2. Sounds like you were restricting so hard you triggered a binge. Allow yourself a little of those items to avoid the "I CAN'T have that rebound." It's true. Make it work into your calories. Also, an easy one is to only eat QUALITY items of what you want. For example, don't eat a Hershey's kiss (22 cal per by the way), eat 1 delicious Ferrero Rocher or a nice square of Dove Dark. Love cake like I do? Only eat home made or some kind of special cake. I don't like store bought cupcakes and I don't like chocolate cake, so it's easy to say "no thank you" to those.

3. One day at a time. Last year for my birthday "month" I gained back almost 5 pounds. I didn't let it kill my vibe but I was sad that I had to work twice to lose that weight.