Adding Exercises to Dadrabase

Options
Is there a way to add exercises to the database in order to calculate calories burned? Along with Cardio I lift weights. None of the lifting movements are listed. :grumble:

Replies

• markfloyd
    Options
    Is there a way to add exercises to the database in order to calculate calories burned? Along with Cardio I lift weights. None of the lifting movements are listed. :grumble:
  • markfloyd
    Options
    Sorry for jacking up the title, it should read: Database.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Go under cardio...there is an option for Strength Training...you put in the amount of time and it figures the calories. I think this is what you're looking for.
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How accurate do you think the estimate is?
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't think the strength exercises add any burned calories. At least, I have seen any added from the pushups and situps I do every-other day...

EDITED TO ADD:

Try this website. You choose calesthenics (spelling??) light/moderate effort and then how long you did your situps/pushups, etc... Found this just a minute ago!

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/tl/misc/caloriesburned.jsp?UserSource=google&Campaign=TOOLS-c&AdGroup=CALORIES_BURNED_CALC&LinkType=content&Creative=01&KeyWord=content
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't think the strength exercises add any burned calories. At least, I have seen any added from the pushups and situps I do every-other day...

EDITED TO ADD:

Try this website. You choose calesthenics (spelling??) light/moderate effort and then how long you did your situps/pushups, etc... Found this just a minute ago!

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/tl/misc/caloriesburned.jsp?UserSource=google&Campaign=TOOLS-c&AdGroup=CALORIES_BURNED_CALC&LinkType=content&Creative=01&KeyWord=content

Just went to this site and it has lots of great exercises and stuff listed and the result is based on your weight which is even better! Thanks! :smile:
  • markfloyd
    Options
    Since posting my initial request I have learned that 50 minutes of weightlifting, according to intensity, yields approximately 270-541 calories expended. Thanks for pointing out the Cardio section, I'll take a look.
  • newstart
    Options
    I have the same issue...I usually post a note that says the amount of time I did strength training but I have noticed that while you list strength training , it doesn`t acount for the time and therefore tellms me I haven`t met my goal...
    My goal is 45 so tonight I did 40 minutes of cardio but also 25 minutes of strength training yet it only says that I did 40 and haven`t met my goal:grumble:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I came here to ask the exact same question. So going to the website listed above and figuring the calories burned for strength training is the first step.

Then where do you enter these calories?

I went to Exercise Tab and Database and when I entered into the exercise and the duration nothing appeared in the calorie box. I tried this several times with no luck.
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I came here to ask the exact same question. So going to the website listed above and figuring the calories burned for strength training is the first step.

Then where do you enter these calories?

I went to Exercise Tab and Database and when I entered into the exercise and the duration nothing appeared in the calorie box. I tried this several times with no luck.

You have to enter the calories the other website I provided gives you once you calculate what it is you did/your weight/time duration of said exercise. You have to add the exercise as your own on MFP...