Working on a new me!

Options
Hey everyone! During Christmas I noticed how big I have got after looking at all our family photos. Then the comment was madethat I had become "the largest I have ever been" and that hit me hard! I decided to start counting calories, 1200 daily. I have made it too 1 month and 2 weeks, I have lost 18lbs so far. Finally fitting into some of my pre pregnancy clothes again!! :) I would love to hear some advice on someone else's journey counting calories, and would like to make new friends to help me along the way!

Replies

• ake32
    ake32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have also been getting comments from family members.I know the feeling, In January I drinking soda and trust me I was addicted to mt. Dew. Now I javelin cut myself from 1200 calories to 1000. I have lost 12 lbs. since Jan 1 :-)
  • liviaish13
    liviaish13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is very frustrating to hear them say things like that! Did you ever come too a stump with your weight loss? I have a hard time reaching my 1200 calories.
  • ake32
    ake32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not yet it has just been slow. I really have a hard time reaching my calories. That's why I cut it back. Yesterday my calorie intake was only 760 for the day. But I am eating my 3 meals a day. When you eat clean the calories just are not there.
  • jmpslfl
    jmpslfl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I needed to make a change with my weight for health reasons more than anything else, finding the motivation to stay focused is hard. Haven't started yet,looking for recipes, breakfast meal ideas right now,but plan to pre prepare meals to help me with my weight loss journey.
  • liviaish13
    Options
    I get nervous if I don't eat enough I'll gain weight. You know all those stories about your body starves and stores fat when not taking in enough calories. But I'm not hungry so I don't eat!
  • meixnekm
    meixnekm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My "fat pants" have been really tight ever since last fall. What an awful feeling... Between stress and the Holidays I fell off the wagon and had a difficult time climbing back up. But I decided that for my birthday, I was going to turn it around and get healthy again!

• liviaish13
    Options
    Trust me I know how you feel!! Good luck on your journey to a new you!
  • manbeast706
    Options
    You all can do it
  • lmcdaniel86
    Options
    What does your meals consist of? I am trying to stay at 1100 calories a day.. Today im at 1037. Im jusy curious what you eat for breakfast lunch and dinner... I need to lose 50 pounds! I let my weight get out of control!! :neutral_face:
  • dmt366
    dmt366 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 18lbs so far - that's great! I am at my heaviest weight in years due to a very stressful 2014 - but no worries, I'm feeling motivated and strong now to lose this extra weight and tone up. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • liviaish13
    Options
    I usually eat easy things to count my calories, not necessarily healthy all the time but low calorie. Like one scrambled egg with sprinkled mozzarella cheese. I make mine in the microwave to save time. Turns out really good! I'll eat the Special K strawberry waffles. You can have 2 for 150 calories along with sugar free syrup 1/4 cup for 15 calories. Lunch I take a lean cuisine to work or make a turkey sandwich with 100 cal. Pringles. And dinner I eat lightly on anything I want. I snack two times during the day. Usually only 100 cal. Snacks. Hope this helps!
  • liviaish13
    Options
    Thank you dmt366! I hope 2015 treats you well and you accomplish all that you set out to do!!
  • lmcdaniel86
    Options
    Thanks!! I have been eating cherrios for bfast with a banana... That is a little over 200 cals... For lunch i have a salad or something..and dinner is just whatever... Carbs really freak me out... Im a carbaholic.. So i try to just stick with carbs at bfast... Thanks for the help!! Continue to do great!
  • lmcdaniel86
    Options
    And i chew sugar free gum to get a sweet fix lol
  • liviaish13
    Options
    I would like to do a low carb diet eventually if I get stuck with counting calories. Gum always helps lol
  • lmcdaniel86
    Options
    :D
  • Deb23455
    Deb23455 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been logging food here (MFP) every day for over a year now. I've lost 41 pounds so far. I try to eat foods that have easy to calculate nutrition labels. I've also been doing this long enough I can tell what a cup of cereal, veggies etc looks like. I still have a long way to go--27 more pounds so weight loss is still reasonable. Eventually, I am sure I will have to go back to weighing and measuring everything to be as accurate as possible. Very do-able, just takes a little time/ pre-planning.
  • lmcdaniel86
    Options
    Thanks Deb!! :)
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try eating at least 1200 calories. I am saying this because you don't want to eat so little that your body is starving and also you want to make sure that you can have a consistent and healthy decline in weight. If you cut your calories too much, you will end up eating terribly. Continue having well-rounded meals so you won't make poor eating decisions later in your journey and have to start all over again.
  • iskearney
    Options
    I found that if I drink water before I eat I tend to not eat as much. Also congrats it's hard work.