21 day fix program?

Options
has anyone tried the 21 day fix program? If so what did you think? Thanks

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Nope; it's overpriced IMHO. Buying a food scale and some cute workout clothes is a far better investment than their container system and workout DVDs. Tons of free stuff available online, including workouts on Youtube and free help here on MFP.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey Melly! I have done it and I know about 30 people who have done it personally. It is a fantastic program and is very easy to follow. It does get great results it all depends on your preferences. If you like mfp and dont mind tracking then you can get one of the other workout programs for the same price. But if youd rather not track your food the container system with the workouts are amazing!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MFP and a caloric deficit are free.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A food scale is much more reliable.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much I just saw your response I ordered the program last night I am hoping it will work for me.
  • pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just use a food scale and eat within a calorie deficit. There's no need to spend money on a program like this.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How is the container system not tracking food intake?
  • JessicaBowlby
    JessicaBowlby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How is the container system not tracking food intake?

Agreed?! I loved the 21 day fix. I learned more about nutrition and portions than I ever did using the internet and scale.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do it. I like the workouts and the portion control containers. It has really changed the way I look at food. I will say that there are cheat groups on Pinterest if you can't afford the program. ;)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    melly0405 wrote: »
    Thank you so much I just saw your response I ordered the program last night I am hoping it will work for me.

Asks for advice, everyone says it's a waste of money, buys program anyway.

Why did you ask again? lol
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Asks for advice, everyone says it's a waste of money, buys program anyway.

Why did you ask again? lol

Validation of poor decision making???
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    hi there....I have that program and I enjoyed it....I liked the workouts....they were different from what I already had and that is the main reason I bought it....just to change things up a little....I already had p90x, Chalean Extreme and Brazil Butt Lift....I used the containers but I also put them on my scale, zeroed it out and then filled them so I could still track calories....maybe a little tedious for some but I needed to do it for myself so I could still know how many I was eating....I liked the variety that the workouts provided....however, I seem to be seeing better results with my Les Mills Combat....now that is a fun program....I love the martial arts
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just ordered it and am excited to get started. I know there is plenty of free nutrition and exercise information on the internet, but I like the idea of a structured program. Where it is all laid out for you. What workout to do on what day and what to eat, etc. I think it will be a good kickstart to creating healthy habits.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've gotten a ton of negative feedback hopefully our experience will be positive.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've gotten a ton of negative feedback hopefully our experience will be positive.

Meh... if you want to look at it as negative feedback, go for it. You asked everyone's opinion, the majority said it was a waste and offered lower-cost alternatives.

In the end, if it works for you... fantastic. Personally, I look for something that isn't a gimmick and will sustain me long-term.
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love the program!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

It sounds like you had made up your mind before you asked, then why ask?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Negative feedback for a company that charges money for stuff you can do for free on the site you have logged into to ask for feedback on it...I wonder how that happened?
  • allthewayk
    allthewayk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it. I like the idea of being able to SEE my food and how it adds up for the whole day. I also wanted to shake things up. MFP is great but it does not make me eat less it just counts what I eat. How is the program going for you so far?