cheat meals

Options
would mac and cheese be considered a cheat meal? how about ordinary cereal, and say chinese food?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't think of any foods as cheat meals. I fit what I want into my calories. Including cereal twice a week.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If we eat a moderate, healthy diet that fits our needs, we don't need to think of anything- including takeaway, as cheating. Rather just a meal that happens in the course of normal life.

For people who are really strict trackers, a 'cheat' might more of a meal where you don't track, but I (and quite a few others on here) don't like the negative connotations that come with labeling things as such. Completely depends on your approach to diet and life.
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No such thing, food is food. Just eat it in moderation
  • MickeyCastello
    MickeyCastello Posts: 269
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When I was losing, and now in maintenance, Fridays have been my cheat day. However, that was only if I lost weight that week. You can eat anything you want, but don't go crazy; you still need some moderation. Many people here suggest, and I agree, that you figure out what your maintenance calories would be, and don't go over that. Also, I always track it.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    "Cheating" is unnecessary. Make it fit into your intake.
  • bm920
    bm920 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I ate pop tarts multiple times a week when I was dieting. Just make it fit. Stay away from portions you can't control, or foods that can cause you to binge.