Mom and daughter starting up together

Options
Hello! My daughter and I are starting up (again) tomorrow. She's away at college so it's extra hard for her. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    All the best to both yourself and your daughter on your journey to a healthy lifestyle, give it 110% and you'll get the same in return!

Wishing you both complete success.

Adam
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I recommend reading the community forums and gathering intel. From there make the best decisions you can for your goals. You can do it! Also, start strength training because you want to be fit when you reach your goal not what they call "skinny fat".
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey there! That's awesome that you and your daughter are doing this together. It always helps to have a buddy.

This is a great read for getting started: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck to both of you!
  • jackiemarie3
    jackiemarie3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Same here. My daughter and I text each other exercise challenges. We are working together but I am very non critical on her weight. I say nothing...when she eats anything, I am supportive, but not competitive. My Mom used to sort of be a "food police" and exercise matron. It really was not a good experience. So I am careful to not be like that.