Anyone Doing Cardio Barre?

I recently started doing Cardio Barre pretty regularly and I love it! I love group work out classes. Does anyone know about how many calories are burned in one beginner class? I'm not sure what to put in my excercise log.

Replies

• I don't know about the exact class you're taking but typical cardio style barre classes, for a fit person who is working hard through a 60min. class, is usually somewhere between 400-550 cal. burned. non-cardio barre classes are MUCH less.
  • Not sure if all barre classes are created equal but I always log my barre class as 25 min of calisthenics and 25 min of aerobics. I figure with transitions and end of class stretching you do about 50 min of work.
  • lologarrett
    lologarrett Posts: 10 Member
    Good, I am glad someone else is logging the Calisthenics description. That is the only one that seemed to fit! I have no idea how else to do it. :D I just started a couple of weeks ago and I am really liking it! I had to figure out SOMETHING that I would keep wanting to go back for more and not dread. So far it seems like this is it for me! Although I am not flexible at all, it has already helped me feel so much better and stronger.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    I thought you had an extra "r" in the title and the thread was going to be about this guy:\

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/02/05/nude-jogger-donald-popadick-pleads-guilty
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I have just started ballet booty barre and pilates this week- I'm using a lot of muscles I haven't used in a long time! I only log it as 150/ hour. If it's more all well and good!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Kymmu wrote: »
    I have just started ballet booty barre and pilates this week- I'm using a lot of muscles I haven't used in a long time! I only log it as 150/ hour. If it's more all well and good!

Yep me too - love the class. Mine is more like pilates, so I found pilates and just pretend that's what I did, lol. Our instructor is a drill sergeant!! ;) I have found it's an excellent complement to my running.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I have made an entry in to the data base called ballet booty barre if you want to log it!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Kymmu wrote: »
    I have made an entry in to the data base called ballet booty barre if you want to log it!

Thanks! However, I looked for it and it is not coming up. Do new exercise entries take a while to become available?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Humph, I thought it was about cardio nekkid :grumble: