Lots of water

Options
I keep reading that I should drink lots of water and believe me I am trying! But how much should I drink a day?

Replies

• rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    8 glasses (8oz. glasses)
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    There are two rules of thumb for water. Either have a minium of 8 cups a day, or ... take your weight in pounds, divide it by two, and that's how many ounces per day you should have. I use the second bit of advice. It works great for me.
  • laurad78
    laurad78 Posts: 7
    Options
    Atleast 8 cups a day is what all the experts say :)
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above and also want to say that it is possible to drink too much water, you have to drink a lot to drink too much tho... I go by the 1/2 my body weight in water a day.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You should drink enough liquid so that you are not thirsty and your urine is fairly clear.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I just read ( I can't remember the magazine. It was Parents or Womens Health ) that 8 glasses a day is not necessarily the minimum. As long as you drink when you are thirsty, you are hydrated. I strive for the 8 glasses becasue I feel like I eat too much sodium. But reading this made me feel better about the days when I don't quite get to 8!
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    1/2 your body weight in ounces...i saw a big drop in weight when i went from 8 to 13 a day. besides, it makes you more full, which is a good thing. the con...well, most likely you will get up in the middle of the night. :p
  • stewarda
    stewarda Posts: 1
    Options
    32 ounces a day.
  • Sc4ever
    Sc4ever Posts: 33
    Options
    I just want to say thanks to everyone that has replied. Its nice to get POSITIVE feedback. So far on this site I have felt very welcomed and it makes it so much easier to keep going! :love: