getting back into dieting and struggling

Options
I am getting back into dieting, I need to lose 95 pounds (I have gotten huge in the last three years and have not been pregnant, just complacent), and I am struggling to stay motivated and write my food intake down or keep track of my walking. I had a great pedometer, when I was working last year, but since it only worked with the program that was offered at work ($40 a month if you are not working there anymore), it is pointless for me to use it now that I am not working there and would have to pay so much, and the fitbit costs more than I can currently afford. So really just looking for friends that could be little reminders, or even lets start a challenge and see where we are every week. Because I can and have a tendency to be a little competitive.

Replies

• bride230514
    bride230514 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would add you. I'm starting again and need to lose 2 stone by November
  • chubbalovin
    Options
    cool beans thanks
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello :) and well done for getting back on the wagon- the first step is always the hardest!

I use walking as one of my main forms of exercise too, it'd be great to set ourselves little challenges and encourage each other. Hope it's ok to have added you.

Do you have a smartphone? Before I bought my fitbit I was using an app called mapmywalk to track my walks by GPS. I've also recently found an app called My Virtual Mission which can be handy for motivation. You can set a goal to track your own walks against- mine is currently to walk the equivalent length of the UK from Cornwall to Glasgow.
  • chubbalovin
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome, I do have a "smartphone" but in my eyes it is a "stupidphone" because it is not as good as I thought it was going to be. I am looking at getting a new one soon though.