2nd day ☺️

Options
I've started yesterday. I completed 1 day but what next? I'm trying my best. I'm looking for support HELP!!!

Replies

• x_tina324
    x_tina324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too! They say the hardest part is getting started. I didn't exactly do great yesterday. DH brought home a big jalapeño cheeseburger and it didn't even occur to me to pass on it until I went to log it in later, and when my mom made tacos, I had three!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've started yesterday. I completed 1 day but what next? I'm trying my best. I'm looking for support HELP!!!

next you do today, and then the next day and then the next day and so on....
  • THEMBE93
    THEMBE93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    it's hard to keep going. It's my second day back and its not too bad, for me it's remembering to log it in
  • VixxyLiss
    VixxyLiss Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Log everything that passes your lips, don't panic wildly when you get it wrong or eat without thinking, by logging you'll see where you went wrong and can make the changes necessary. This isn't something that you'll magically get right from the very beginning, so don't beat yourself up about it, look upon it as learning a new language - you wouldn't expect to go into your first class and be fluent from the outset.

Look at other people's diaries and see what they're eating, that's where I get a lot of inspiration from, and remember this isn't "a" diet its a lifestyle change.
  • dominikagjecaj
    Options
    Thanks for that
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My best advice for you :)... Don't worry about right or wrong ways of eating, good foods or bad foods, or anything else! To start with, just learn to log accurately. Log everything and don't judge yourself. Once you have that down, start trying to stick to your calorie goal.

After you're able to stick to your calorie goal--Make some other goals. What do you want to accomplish? Maybe you want to start cooking more of your meals at home, eat out less, eat more veggies? Work on each thing ONE AT A TIME, so you won't get overwhelmed. Don't cut out everything, you'll just drive yourself crazy and feel completely deprived, leading to a fall off of the wagon.

Once you've comfortably established a logging habit, I highly recommend pre-logging! It keeps you from mindlessly eating whatever for your meals and then logging it later and realizing... "OOPS! That burger finished all my calories and I haven't had dinner yet!!" Pre-logging is my magical way of knowing what I'm going to eat and when I'm going to eat it--And when to stop eating, because I've eaten all my meals! It takes all the guesswork away and makes it much easier. :)
  • dominikagjecaj
    Options
    Thank you all for all the support and kind words :) I'll try my best reaching my goals ;)
  • Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    As VixxyLiss said log everything and don't worry about it for now. It'll give you perspective on what foods are bad (not always obvious) and what foods are good. Then you can slowly replace what's bad with more of what's good. I'd try not to go 100% into a calorie restricted diet as you'll potentially relapse into old ways, little and often with the changes will get you there, but most importantly, log everything! :smile: