At home yoga

Options
I'm interested in a good, yet "beginner" level yoga video or group of poses to try. Hoping it will help with relaxation, flexibility and posture. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my phone called pocket yoga, it has beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels for 30 - 60 minutes and offers three different yoga styles. It even let's me choose just to do a couple loops of sun salutations if I'm short on time. I also have a couple videos, yoga for weight loss, 7min. yoga, and better sex with yoga (my grandmother bought me the last video lol) but I like the app best.
  • I know you asked for video, but I highly recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Hatha-Yoga-Illustrated-Martin-Kirk/dp/0736062033/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423660231&sr=1-1&keywords=hatha+yoga+illustrated

By far the best thing I've found for exactly what I want...which is also what you describe. The photos and descriptions are very clear and the intro of the book provides a great deal of information as an instructor would.

Best to you!

~M.C. Turtle
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out Shiva Rea. Here is an example of one of her flows.

http://youtu.be/-9LlKQnxG9M

If you are interested in her style of yoga then check out her website. ShivaRea.com. She has an online store where several of her videos are available. What is great about her videos are they are set up in a matrix. You can do the whole flow or you can pull 3 minutes from here and link it to 5 minutes there. Really easy to customize the workout to suit your needs and time if it is limited.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started with the Yoga Studio app on my iphone - but also check out 30 days of yoga with Adrienne on youtube... she is fun and pretty easy.
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi becksgap. I use Gaiam's Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss DVD with Suzanne Deason. There are four different levels/abilities with beginner's in mind. Found it at a used bookstore.. Best wishes upon your yoga at home quest!
  • becksgap
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I can't wait to try these!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If you want free stuff (who doesn't) check out doyogawithme.com

Tons of videos from different instructors from beginner onwards. All can be streamed for free (they charge for download to keep if that's your thing).
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My favourite video is Yoga For Beginners from bodywisdommedia. But I've been using this great app lately called Fitstar Yoga.