Looking for a good, moderately priced scale

Options
The $15 model from the megastore I have turns into a negotiation. Step on and get one weight, step off. Immediately step back on and get a different reading. Do this maybe 8 or 9 times until I get 3 in a row.

I'd like to upgrade. I really don't want to spend the $150 on the super electronic model that syncs with my phone and gives me a ton of superfluous information.

Anything in the middle?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    amazon .. salter digital they're about £10, so what's that? $13
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Have you changed the battery lately? Mine does weird thing when the battery is about to die.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You can get a wireless Withings that is more basic for around $80. I got that last year and love it. I don't know if you wanted wirelessness but not all the air quality, hydration and body fat b.s. the top end models have.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,141 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a normal scale to me, but I only step on mine once and accept the reading. Have you changed the batteries? What kind of flooring is it on (carpet, tile, cement)?
  • i_have_spoken13
    i_have_spoken13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to see the recommendations for scales, as mine does this, too. And it's off by pounds, just by stepping off and then back on again. New batteries, flat tile floor, no significant weight shifting.

This is what you get for $15...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    WW $30 bucks
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I bought a digital one from Wal-Mart and I've never had a problem with it. Paid $20. My work also has the same model in the restroom, and it's been going for a few years now with no problems.
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I found a very nice scale at Aldi's. It was $16. It measures weight, body fat, muscle mass, etc. (It has sensors on the bottom) You can also create a profile with your goal weight and it will determine how many calories you should consume daily in order to reach your goal weight. I've weighed myself a lot on this scale and it never tells me a different weight when I step off after weighing myself and then step right back on. I love it.
  • MarkAsher65
    MarkAsher65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found the EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale a year or so ago and I think it's great. I used to have the same issue of every time I got on the scale, the weight would be different, but not with this scale. I always weigh myself 3 times on weigh-in day, and it's always consistent. It sells for around $60 on Amazon.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Second the ones at Aldi (but they're transient-- you get it when they have it or you don't get it).

The EatSmart is actually $29 right now.
  • xxlilkaycexx
    xxlilkaycexx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Have you changed the battery lately? Mine does weird thing when the battery is about to die.

This!!

My scale did the same thing until I changed the battery. Works like new now. Definitely something worth trying before going out and buying a brand new one
  • TexanInFlorida
    TexanInFlorida Posts: 11
    edited February 2015
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Common problem. Is the surface your scale is on completely flat? Are you shifting your weight at all on it? Also, not to be the guy that say this is in your head but unless the numbers are WAY off (as pounds each time not a few ounces) then part of it is all in your head. I mean does it really make a difference if you're xxx.3 vs xxx.5? The fact you're weighing 10 times hoping to get exactly the same number several times in a row is, let's say, interesting.

It's off by pounds
  • TexanInFlorida
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Second the ones at Aldi (but they're transient-- you get it when they have it or you don't get it).

The EatSmart is actually $29 right now.

Found it on Amazon with free shipping for that price.

Thanks to everybody that answered.