My "Ah-Ha" Moment..

Options
So I'm back on here after a long break...got side tracked I guess. One of my New Years resolutions was to take "Loose Weight" off my list once and for all and to be able to feel good about my body image. I'm recovering from foot surgery, before I had it I had the expectation of hitting the ground running when recovery was done. I'm slowly realizing that my expectations need adjusting lol! I'll have to settle for a fast walk... :p .
I had lost focus on this New Years resolution while dealing with recovery, it was more than just my foot recovering I noticed. But now that I'm almost out of the woods and able to refocus, I had an "Ah-Ha" moment. My moment was when I was watching a few music videos and wanting to get up and dance and realized I couldn't really do that safely. I had this feeling of sadness and yearning for a better looking body, which lead to realizing I couldn't workout the way I wanted to, to be able to get to the point of liking the way I look. All this took place in a matter of seconds...you know how the thought process works, right? The next morning I recapped those feelings and decided not to let myself use those feelings as an excuse to not do ANYTHING at all. I'll be able to workout they way I want in a few weeks, but theres no reason I can't take smaller steps right now. So I logged back into my profile and started my food diary. Just for kicks I looked through what they had listed for cardio, wouldn't you know they have walking with crutches as an exercise?! That made my whole day and gave me more motivation to stay on track, even if my steps are small ones for now. I might even be motivated to throw in a few non foot weight bearing exercises from time to time, providing I have the energy for them! If you've found yourself falling off track, whats been your "Ah-Ha" moment?

Replies

• gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I needed to remember my words from this past summer.. this is a moment to moment kind of thing. One "bad"(I hate that word, but can't think of a better one)meal, day, whatever can end at just 'one'; if I choose to end it there. I can 'jump back on the wagon', chart it, move on, and not let it derail me completely. This is a long journey. For me, this is not just a 3 month thing. This is a way of living- for a lifetime. That's why I hate "bad foods" type labels. I'm old enough now to know what I like, what I don't. I'm willing to try new things, and keep what works, what doesn't. I'm not going to keep some fad thing going forever, so why start it? Once I went back and re-read some diary entries and some posts to friends in a challenge group, I saw that I had forgotten all this! and I let one thing slide into another and before I knew it, it's been 2 months of not "caring"! DONE! time to find the fun and power in knowing what i'm feeding myself, what i'm doing with my activity, etc. SO glad You too have found something to focus on- keep the fire alive!
  • dunbar8133
    dunbar8133 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's right you can always get back on track!! I've got a long ways to go until I reach my goal still but I'm positive I'll stay there, or close to it when I get there! I've spent way too long being overweight...its cost me a lot over the years. Not to mention my joints are killing me, I've already got some arthritis in my toe and I'm sure my weight brought that on early. Good for you for staying on track!!