Favorite Cookbook or Recipe site?

Options
Frumpy2Fit
Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
I recently "finished" Dashing Dish 100 Clean Eating Recipes and I absolutely loved it! By "finished" I mean that I made all of the dinner recipes that appealed to me in the book. Now I am addicted to cooking, but I'm having trouble finding recipes that I really like. I have been searching Pinterest, googling "best healthy recipe cookbooks" but not having much luck. My biggest problem is that I am a pretty picky eater and I don't eat a lot of foods that I am unfamiliar with. I prefer healthy meals that are still simple and classic. Any suggestions on sites that you love to use for recipes or a cookbook that really appealed to you? P.S. I prefer cookbooks with a lot of pictures. It motivates me to make something equally beautiful and healthy. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Frumpy2Fit
    Options
    Anyone???
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the Pollan Family Table book and I have loved all the recipesso far. Very healthy yet tasty meals.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Skinny Taste. She recently came out with a cookbook which is amazing but a lot of the recipes can be found at skinnytaste.com/
    I cook a lot of her recipes and they're great
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My favorite cooking sites:
    -Organize Yourself Skinny
    -100 Days of Real Food
    -101 Cooking for Two
    -Super Healthy Kids
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    P.S. - 100 Days of Real Food also has a book version with lots of easy recipes and pictures.
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I second the Skinnytaste recommendation.... cook from it several times a week... whole family enjoys it! Made cream of asparagus soup last night...Mmmmm Having leftover Chicken Black Bean Picante soup for lunch!
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Skinny Taste. She recently came out with a cookbook which is amazing but a lot of the recipes can be found at skinnytaste.com/
    I cook a lot of her recipes and they're great

I second this! Loooove Skinnytaste.com!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Damn Delicious!! http://damndelicious.net/
  • ashleezona
    ashleezona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use allrecipes.com. I like the search by ingredient feature, and that they have nutritional info for every recipe. I like the reviews, and often end up following some of the reviewers suggestions. I like that you can easily import to MFP, and change the ingredients if you need to. Not all of the recipes on that site are healthy, but it's pretty easy to glance over the nutritional info and find ones that suit your needs.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com is good. I have a food.com account that I flip through for ideas. but, if I google whatever I want to use, I get a lot of ideas. for example, last weekend, I wanted a comforting soup, and I had pork tenderloin in the freezer. I googled "pork tenderloin soup," and found a FABULOUS tenderloin, white bean and kale soup! google is my best friend for specific-ingredient-based recipes. :)
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste is great. I also get inspiration from Organize yourself skinny. If you like grain free, Against all grain and Elena's Pantry are great too.
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Options
    Thank you to EVERYONE for your replies! There are a lot of sites that I had not heard of, so I will definitely be checking them out. Thanks again!
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Here are my go-to websites for healthy recipes:
    www.cookinglight.com
    www.skinnytaste.com
    www.skinnyms.com
    www.skinnymom.com
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light and MyRecipes are really good, and you can now log their recipes directly into MFP! There's a "Log It" button up near the 'share' and 'email' buttons. That was a nice surprise.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light and MyRecipes are really good, and you can now log their recipes directly into MFP! There's a "Log It" button up near the 'share' and 'email' buttons. That was a nice surprise.

Oh, now that is awesome!! A nice surprise indeed...so glad you shared that :)
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I also agree with SkinnyTaste, Skinnymom, skinnyms, Cooking Light and My Recipes. I also go crazy on Pinterest.

But, I have to say I have had my best luck with EmilyBites.com. All of her ingredients are accessible and her recipes are "normal" as my husband would say. (And I promise I am not the same Emily from the site.) I have cooked many things from her site and everything has been so delicious.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste, skinnyms, skinnymom, cooking light, pinterest...they're my go-to's.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    My favorite cookbook is called Eat great lose weight.
  • ercaface
    ercaface Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com