Just found out I'm pregnant! Anyone else?

Options
I found out this week that I am pregnant - yay. My H and I just started trying in January, assuming we'd get pregnant by spring/summer, but apparently we are overachievers and got pregnant right away. I am excited but also wish I had reached my goal weight prior to conceiving (I am about 10 lbs over my goal). Oh well. Now I have to brace myself to gain another 25-35 lbs, and get ready to try to take it all off next winter. For now I am basking in my happiness, focusing on eating the right nutrients for the baby while not worrying too much about calories, and keeping up with (but making it a little less intense) regular exercise. Any other ladies in a similar spot want to be MFP friends and cheer each other along?

Replies

• LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is very exciting news. :)

I'm working on losing weight (at least 80ish more to go) so that we can try next year and I'll be in a more healthy spot.

Best wishes with the pregnancy!
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Similiar. I have 3 kiddos and am pregnant with my 4th. I got down to my GW before my 3rd pregnancy but then after I had her didn't get back down again. So going into this pregnancy I'm overweight. So I'm hoping to only gain 25 lbs (my other pregnancies I gained 40ish lbs). With my first two most of that weight did come off. But not my 3rd. So, that's me! Hope we can help each other out in our goals to stay healthy and on track!
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My iphone is acting up :/ so if you can add me. Or I'll get on a computer later :)
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • sokie88
    sokie88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Just found out I'm 7 weeks long as well! So excited but worried because of my weight. I was just starting to get a hang of things in the exercise department when we found out. I'm short, so even at a size 8, I'm considered borderline obese. I'm 25 lbs from my goal weight as it is...So far, I've been eating ok. Some nights I'm not hungry at all because I feel bloated and tired. I've only gained 1 lb. Dr. says that's fine, as I have "reserves" that can nourish Baby. HA! Reserves. Now it's time for me to put on my "reserve" pants to fit this bloated belly.
  • tamlyn1980
    tamlyn1980 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm 9 weeks and really hoping to stick to a weight gain of at most 15lbs. I'm about 27lbs overweight. Based in NZ so talking about lbs is a bit confusing
  • ddawson1102
    Options
    I just found out I'm pregnant as well. Very early (12 DPO today). Im 9 lbs over my goal weight of 140 and hoping to gain only 25 lbs (30 at most). I was up to just over 200 lbs w my last pregnancy (oct 2013).
  • mzb_xx
    mzb_xx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just found out I'm pregnant too!! I'm about 6 weeks now.. Based in NZ.. Overweight.. But wondering if it's still possible to lose weight while being pregnant.. When my I had my 2nd child my midwife wasn't concerned that I lost weight throughout my pregnancy coz she said 'i can afford to lose a bit of weight'. Lol nice..