monthly cycle

Options
How much are you ladies putting on around monthly periods?

Replies

• Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    TOM started for me yesterday but have not stepped on the scales yet because I feel really bloated. I'd be interested in tips for reducing bloating during the 'best' time of the month. Bleurgh!
  • mememe84
    mememe84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    TOM started for me yesterday but have not stepped on the scales yet because I feel really bloated. I'd be interested in tips for reducing bloating during the 'best' time of the month. Bleurgh!

I weighed myself and i have put 5lb on over the last 2 days an gutted
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm a solid 5 lb gainer. And because of my weirdo hormones, I actually do it twice a month, around ovulation also. I find that working up a good sweat can cut those numbers in half, but doesn't make the bloating go away necessarily.
  • AlisonE76
    AlisonE76 Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't weigh myself at all during this time, I know I've gained and I know its only temporary. Why put yourself through the agony of the seeing the scales increase, are you not feeling bad enough at the time. Ladies, give yourself a break and take those few days off. I am always kinder to myself for the first 3 days and then I get right back on it when its over :happy:
  • Roraboosh
    Roraboosh Posts: 18
    Options
    Celery is a brilliant diuretic, is sheds water, hardly any cals and you can snack during the day and it flushews out all your toxins :)
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I usually gain around 4-5 pounds. This usually comes right off, as long as i haven't given in to my chocolate cravings!
    But gaining weight around this time is completely normal, so i always remind myself that.
  • Andithin
    Andithin Posts: 8
    Options
    Usually 2-4 pounds. I hate it, plus my period makes me binge like crazy!!!
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So far I haven't gained anything, technically, but I've been working my *kitten* off (literally! ha!) and haven't lost a bit. So I'm hoping that once this week is over, I'll show a good loss. It's annoying though!
  • emylourow
    emylourow Posts: 38
    Options
    I can gain anything between 2-7 lbs. Exercise, lots of veg and not so much sodium and sugar all help with bloating. And keep hydrated. Easier said than done when you feel so naff lol
  • mememe84
    Options
    thank you everyone x
  • funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My health visitor recommended water tablets for just before during and just after my period. I dont know if i weigh less/more as i dont weigh during this time, but i sure feel less bloated!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I put on 7 pounds of water weight myself. I upped my water intake, and it is now down to my regular weight thankfully!!!
  • mousumi30
    mousumi30 Posts: 52
    Options
    i gained at least 2 to 4 lbs, as i do not exercise and end up eating more junk foods than usual, specially chocolate and oreo cookies.
  • mememe84
    Options
    good to know i am not the only one x
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    4-5 lbs at least. Even if it is temporary...when you are happy about a weight loss and suddenly TOM visits and you gain it back +...it is just depressing.