Temptations

Options
hey there! Does anybody have advice, I am doing very well, but I have members of my family who bring in temptations around me and I cave. Any recommendations on how to stay strong? Or at least maybe get the family on track better. It's not very often, but enough to when I do cheat I feel like crap and I know better.

Replies

• xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I hear ya there! A few things...don't buy any bad groceries and outright tell your family to not bring them to the house because of how it causes you to stumble and how giving in makes you feel. If they hear you explain this, they'll respect your healthy bubble! Also, as a side note, I keep healthy snacks at reach to help me divert from the unexpected unhealthy foods that tend to show up.
  • Amernho
    Options
    Call me 00601112225336
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    hey there! Does anybody have advice, I am doing very well, but I have members of my family who bring in temptations around me and I cave. Any recommendations on how to stay strong? Or at least maybe get the family on track better. It's not very often, but enough to when I do cheat I feel like crap and I know better.

When I first started I was very stern with myself. I simply said no to anything that is 'weakness' for me (chocolate, candy, cake, chips, etc) Until I was confident that I could master my impulses. Once I felt that I was able to control myself and just eat one serving, I began adding them back into my daily life - in moderation.

So now I can have a small piece of cake without feeling like I'll hoover the whole pan. I can have one piece of candy and put the bag away for tomorrow. I can count out 12-18 chips and eat just those, instead of mindlessly eating the whole bag.

I think that some people need to restrict themselves completely at first, in order to retrain their bodies' hunger signals and craving management. I know it helped me and boosted my confidence also. When I realized that I could say "No" to things that I really like but didn't need, I felt more in control of my life and my future.
  • peaches082287
    peaches082287 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yea we do pretty good on the shopping thing. I always try and stock up plenty on the fruits and veggies. I do allow myself to splurge on some things and try not to feel guilty about it. I notice if I do feel guilty about it then I actually eat more of that bad stuff. I did go ahead and ask my fiancé not to bring that stuff in the house while I'm there or at all.( after I read the replies and said ok with a smile) At home I feel it's a bit easier to eat pretty healthy. I just have my week moments especially when there is a lot of stress ( which there has been lately). I usually workout for that. I appreciate all the advice. I will keep it at the forefront. :-)