Best fitness equipment

Options
Hi. I'm just after some advice please. I'm really struggling to lose weight from my stomach and legs and have been thinking of purchasing something like an exercise bike or cross trainer. Can anyone recommend the best equipment to tackle these problem areas please? Thanks so much

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight elsewhere? It's not possible to target fat from specific areas, so i'd follow the standard fat loss plan of a calorie deficit plus full-body strength training to keep a high metabolism. Cardio is optional and may be added to meet your calorie deficit. Keep in mind most cardio machines become a coat rack after a few months. For strength training, look into Nerd Fitness or Fitness Blender.

• jimmckenna68
    jimmckenna68 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The outdoors!! Steps hills beaches - get moving on them fast as you can, slowdown then fast again
    just like said above, machines turn into clothes horses. The outdoors won't.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    karen0175 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best equipment to tackle these problem areas please?

Some form of resistance training, and you don't need any quipment at all; nerdfitness, You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning.

Complement that with some CV work like running or swimming and you're sorted.

As above, unless your spending a decent amount of money then consumer grade CV equipment will end up unused. If you really want to spend the money I'd recommend a rowing machine like a Concept 2 or WaterrRower.
  • karen0175
    Options
    Hi. Thanks all, that's sound advice. I love walking so I will carry on and search out hilly areas! I will look at Nerd Fitness and Fitness Blender and I'm going swimming tomorrow. I am losing the weight but it's slow to come off this time, my fault and I will stick at this, try and be patient and work hard! Thanks again for your responses.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    karen0175 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best equipment to tackle these problem areas please? Thanks so much
    Barbell, power cage, weights and a bench. ;)
  • karen0175
    Options
    Thank you yusaku02. I have been using home weights.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Are you losing weight elsewhere? It's not possible to target fat from specific areas, so i'd follow the standard fat loss plan of a calorie deficit plus full-body strength training to keep a high metabolism. Cardio is optional and may be added to meet your calorie deficit. Keep in mind most cardio machines become a coat rack after a few months. For strength training, look into Nerd Fitness or Fitness Blender.

I generally agree... keep it simple - get your calorie intake in check and get some exercise. Any exercise when done with sufficient intensity is more than fine... it doesn't specifically have to be full body weight training.