Motive

Options
How do you stay on track despite all the hard times?

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    The hard times catch up with everyone (hey.. life gets tough.. right??).. I just KNOW how much I want this and even though it can be a hard journey, I see how much harder it was to be at the 'place' I was before I began my journey!

All the best to you!
  • NightShiftMedic
    NightShiftMedic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Are you referring to hard times in life, or hard times only in regards to fitness and weight loss?

Regarding life, lifting and exercise in general really help to get me through the hard times, almost to the point where it's hard for me to let myself take a rest day. Staying on track with my diet is a different story and I find that much harder to do when things get tough. I'm still working on that one.
  • JeremyHigh
    JeremyHigh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Diet and fitness is what im refering to i wish the best to both of you. My diet is getting tough and im really craving a pizza
  • djasper73
    djasper73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have to follow the same train of thought as Adam2k10; I know where I was, and I don't want to go back to that place. I'll admit my diet is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from perfect, but I am slowly seeing results and know that even when I have a bad day, I just put it behind me and focus a little more the next. You'll get this!
  • Mikeyloye
    Mikeyloye Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Short term goals, what in the pizza is it you want? Carbs? Cheese?

There is some thing your brain is telling you.

Research how to make a healthy alternative that should satisfy what you think you want.

The Internet of things, Google.

I would love a pizza but it's not part of my diet plan (no carbs) but after 4 days of no carbs I am not bothered about it any more.

I can have some types of cheese for me cheese is my killer, babybell light is a life saver for cheese cravings.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Go out and find a place that will serve you a single slice. Have the slice of pizza, log the calories, and then do a little extra exercise today and tomorrow to maintain your deficit. Depriving yourself of things you love will not help you reach your goals. Eventually your feelings are going to push you to have some pizza, and chances are you'll binge your face off if you've been neglecting the (totally reasonable) desire to have the pizza.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Find someone or some people to split it with...or just go get a slice of it.

If you deny yourself things like this, only bad things will happen. Go get it out of your system, and then move on.

I actually had a "moment of insanity" last week and ordered some chocolate things from Russell Stover and Gertrude Hawk. I opened up a box, dove in. Then I "got my sanity back", have put them all in a box for "fat Tuesday" next week and will "bequeath it all" to the office folk....maybe let them take it to a meeting or two. Whatever. I've gotten my "fix" and now I can move on.

The world will not come to a screeching halt if you have some pizza. Know your limits, log it and move on.
  • JeremyHigh
    JeremyHigh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) sometimes even on a nutritious diet i lose my nerve. Ill try all of that.
  • DarcG
    DarcG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I get where I just realllly really want something and I don't stop wanting till I get it. Persistence. I wish my weight loss and workout was as persistent it's hard! Good luck! Having a push partner works good.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I try to make altertives to what I want instead of going to a restaurant ..for example if I am craving pizza I buy flat outs or whole wheat english muffins ...turkey pepperoni ..pesto sauce or pizza sauce...cheese and whatever else I want on it and broil it at home :)