What do you eat when you get home from work?

Options
I am ALWAYS hungry when I get home from work, but due to schedules we don't usually eat until later. I am in desperate need of some "after work snacks" to keep me satisfied until dinner? (My old go-to was wine!) :smiley:

Replies

• krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    have an apple with some peanut butter. It tastes really good, and the protein from the peanut butter keeps you fuller longer. I also have some soda bix crackers with about two slices of turkey pastrami or any fruit eg. banana, frozen berries, yogurt, tea also helps fight hunger pangs before dinner. All the best!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way. We typically don't have dinner until around 8-9 p.m. Now I don't eat lunch until about 3:30 - 4:00 so I'm not hungry when I get home.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Eat a high protein snack with some fat before leaving work. That may carry you through the commute and dinner prep without feeling starved.

I eat low carb, so try to have a boiled egg or string cheese before leaving work, then snack on olives or some other low carb finger food while prepping dinner for my family.
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't. I have my trainers, shorts, running top and Mp3 player sitting at the bottom of the stairs. I get changed into them as soon as I get home and go for a run, skip or workout on my punchbag. Then I eat dinner :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    carrot sticks and hummus
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    100 calorie yogurt, salad with tasty dressing, apple and peanut butter, guacamole with celery and/or carrots, avacado or jelly or peanut butter spread on crackers, small bowl of cereal, candy bar, protein drink, small serving of ice cream, banana, some kettle corn... really just anything portioned to around 100-200 cals.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nothing, only home for 15 min before i head to the gym for the next few hours. Dinner not cooked by 9 30 usually Monday to Friday

Il have lunch at 1 30pm and maybe a banana at 5pm if i feel like it.

You get used to it
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A little bowl of cereal if I feel like I need it. I use a small bowl and stick to one serving. With 1/2 cup skim milk it ends up being about 150 calories and it does actually satisfy me until dinner time.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I immediately cook dinner. But if I couldn't I guess I would eat what I normally eat later in the night...some peanut butter or PB2, cheese, toast/rice cake.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am lucky enough to work from home. So I eat 5-6 smaller meals daily.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I pretty much always have a clif builder bar and iced coffee with whole milk, sometimes with protein powder added. I do IF, so that's my "breakfast." I usually work out shortly after and then have dinner.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have lunch at 12.30 on office days, then will have an apple around 3.30 and then if I know I'll be having dinner late, I'll have half a protein bar, some yogurt or a rice cake when I get home at 6.
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What great suggestions! thank you all so much!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I am lucky enough to work from home. So I eat 5-6 smaller meals daily.

I work from home a few days a week, other days I'm in the office. I eat the same in either location.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Loaf of bread, good olive oil, charcuterie
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Loaf of bread, good olive oil, charcuterie

You know how to live!

I usually eat greek yogurt at work just before I leave and then head straight to the gym. My boyfriend doesn't get home until 7, and I get off of work at 4pm, and I will stuff my face if I'm home by myself (something I need to work on in general). I choose the gym instead, which wards off the hunger for a while (although I'm usually ravenous by the time I get home, so I tend to make fast prep dinners during the week).
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I work nights, so I usually eat my dinner and one healthy snack, usually a kind bar or piece of fruit during my shift. Depending on how many calories I have left at the end of night I will have a glass of wine. If I don't feel like a drink I will either go to bed with nothing but a glass of water or a bowl of unsweetened chia seed cereal with unsweetened nut milk or other filler that doesn't have sugar.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    nothing.

work > gym > studio

don't get home till 1030 at the earliest. Then I make popcorn- or an egg omlette thing.