Feeling cold after losing weight....

Options
So recently i have lost 22 lbs and i have noticed that i have been feeling very cold lately.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Rainbownoodles
    Rainbownoodles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing during these cold winter days. That just means we're kicking *kitten*! :smile:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Fat is a good insulator, you don't have it any more. I've noticed this as I lose weight as well. Just add another layer of clothing and you'll be fine.
  • thesaraaah
    thesaraaah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah, less insulation due to reduced body fat
  • LeeAnnSyd
    LeeAnnSyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel cold as well. I used to sweat excessively though so it is a nice change. :-) I think it is more because I now eat a low carb diet and the food I eat does no "heat me up" anymore. I also notice that when I do have a cheat day and consume some carbs I tend to sweat again and feel hot.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If that's the worst of your problems your doing ok.
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight I'm FREEZING all the time. You're not alone.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    oh ya, gets worse as you get lower in bodyfat. I always used to burn hot. that fire went out.
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I lost weight very quickly on Weight Watchers and mentioned to my leader that I was feeling very cold. She said it was a common complaint. Perhaps when we lose that body-insulating fat it takes some time for our internal thermostat to regulate? Seems too simple - homeostasis is a complicated process. In any case, congrats on your wieght loss, go buy yourself something warm in a smaller size :) maybe something decadent and soft like cashmere.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My boss, who has a LOT of cold-weather camping experience, swears that white fat has no insulating qualities at all. That stupid white fat absorbs cold all day and radiates it back in the sleeping bag at night.

The cold comes from a slower metabolism, so says my physician sister.

Canadian work wear stores have the best stuff for staying warm. I have a thermal running shirt and tights. Some days I have those thermal tights on all day.

I bought an electric blanket a few weeks ago. Best. Investment. Ever.
  • Seeyoubabyweight
    Seeyoubabyweight Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your not alone, I just searched for this thread as I've noticed the same thing. I'm only down 10lbs, but the last couple weeks have had to add extra blankets at night and layers at work. I too was curious if it's related to my weight loss.