reverse diet????!?

Options
use to diet at roughly 1000-1400 calories a day. went from 190 down to 148, currently sitting at 165. any advice with reverse dieting?? everytime I eat a lot i bloat up a lot..

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Not sure exactly what you're asking, but this might be a good read for you:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/993576/why-you-gain-weight-if-you-eat-more-than-your-cut
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Reverse dieting isn't a hard concept but the bloating seems odd. Did you do a low carb diet? Have you been checked for insulin insensitivity? It may be nothing but you might want to discuss the bloating with your doctor and see if you have any underlying issues just to be on the safe side.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Eating any new foods when you went to surplus calories? I hear the term reverse dieting and I'm thinking post contest diets where you slowly add back in calories....what do you mean by reverse dieting?
  • zoohockey
    zoohockey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    drepublic- I was in a big calorie deficit around 1-1400 calories a day and I'm slowly going back up. wanted to know if anyone had info about how slow I should take it and how high I should go
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    zoohockey wrote: »
    drepublic- I was in a big calorie deficit around 1-1400 calories a day and I'm slowly going back up. wanted to know if anyone had info about how slow I should take it and how high I should go

So you are 165 lbs now. What EXACTLY are your goals? If you are doing any exercise at all during the week you should be at least 2000 cal per day just to maintain your weight of 165 lbs. If muscle gain is a goal I'd probably pop off with a 2200 cal diet at least with more carbs peri wokrout and just live my life bro...eat and grow!