Taking the kids to see SpongBob movie tonight... Is there anything to snack on at the theater??

Options
Any suggestions for movie snacks. I run on a 1200 calorie diet.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, Bring your own if they question you tell them you have allergies to the oil they use.
  • zestyfrog7
    zestyfrog7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Carry healthy snacks in and if they catch you and make a stink out of it explain that you are on a strict diet and they don't offer healthy snacks. This is what I do so that I have something to munch on.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You could always bring a bag of fruit, or allow yourself to indulge a little with your kids and have a little bit of the popcorn provided at the theater.
  • brookesdsu
    brookesdsu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've smuggled my own popcorn in and I've eaten the theater popcorn. When I eat the theater popcorn I budgeted my calories for it and ate light that day.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, pack that purse up with all the yummy snacks you can! Popcorn, cut up fruit, figs... anything!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    snacks at the theater? Yeah, popcorn, ice cream, nachos, hotdogs, candy.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why it's become socially acceptable to eat your weight in popcorn, candy and soda during an hour and a half movie. It's crazy to think about how guilty I am of doing that!

I've learned to live without snacks at the theater. If I'm hungry, I bring beef jerkey or a snack bar of some sort.
  • Crea77
    Crea77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sneak in healthy snacks!!! That's what I do. Then just buy some waters...unless you can manage to sneak them in to ;)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love movie popcorn. One of the theaters near me has a mini size - or share a bigger one. Unbuttered of course. YUMMO.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Last time I went to the theater I didn't get snacks and I thought I'd miss it but I really didn't at all. We had dinner right after the movie. Maybe you can eat before or after and just chew some gum during the movie.
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for suggestions I think I will get some special k bars they should be easy enough to sneak in. And just get a diet soda. But the popcorn will be tempting!lol
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I bring snacks with me in my purse. I've also brought in my own 24-ounce water bottle -- My husband hides it in his jacket :)
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    to avoid the temptation -- bring in your own drink and snacks and don't go ANYWHERE near the concession counter.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I would bring in my own snack, and specifically my new favorite: bacon covered chocolate. Or you could eat popcorn.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I used to be a manager at a movie theater in another lifetime. If you had seen what I saw you would never buy snacks at the concession stand again. Bring your own stuff.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Bring a lollipop and suck on it for the whole duration of the movie.
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person who doesn't like to eat or snack while watching a movie. I don't care if people do, unless they are noisy chewers!!! There is nothing worse than an open mouth chomper behind me in the theater- gross!!!
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Last time I went to the theater I didn't get snacks and I thought I'd miss it but I really didn't at all. We had dinner right after the movie. Maybe you can eat before or after and just chew some gum during the movie.

Eat before you go- Good idea! 90 minutes without snacking. We can do it!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    How was the movie? I want to go see it and relive my childhood all over again.
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Movie was ok , most of it was the regular animation it was only about 30 minutes of computerize. Not as good as I hoped, but the kids loved it. I have been doing good for 3 weeks with no cheat days so I went ahead and had a good cheat day. Im still not too far over my 1200 calories because I saved and exercised a lot today. So we went to Carls Jr and I had a Cod burger with small fries. A little bit of popcorn and a regular sized snickers..... The sugar in the candy bar was a little much for me after so long with out. It makes me feel good that I can have a cheat day today and know that I am ok with it. Back to the diet and keeping up with exercise tomorrow.