Walden Farms Salad Dressing

Options
So here lately I have seen a lot of hype about this 0 calorie salad dressing. Am I crazy or is this magic? Will I pay for eating it via fats or sodium? Is it a good choice?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've heard it tastes terrible. I am never one to avoid chemicals but I will not go near that stuff. How on earth is Ranch dressing and peanutbutter or whatever they sell 0 calories? That is way too much freaky chemical science even for me. I'd rather eat real food and deal with some calories.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    If it's 0 calories, there is no fat. Since fat is 9cal/1g.
    I've heard it tastes terrible. I am never one to avoid chemicals but I will not go near that stuff. How on earth is Ranch dressing and peanutbutter or whatever they sell 0 calories? That is way too much freaky chemical science even for me. I'd rather eat real food and deal with some calories.

^I concur with this.
    I've never heard a good thing about it
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but have heard it tastes "weird". Personally, I mix 1tb of light sour cream with 2tb salsa, squeeze in a little lime and put that on my salad. It's about 30 calories for 3tb of delicious creamy dressing.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It tastes TERRIBLE! So bad I returned it.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have tried both the Raspberry Vinaigrette and the Honey Dijon, and really liked them. That being said, I'm really not a big salad dressing person, but those two really dressed up my mixed greens with some pecans & raspberries, as well as a salad with chicken bits very nicely. I didn't find the ingredients scary at all when I read the label.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I like most of them - the raspberry vineagrette is yummy. The honey mustard is good too. The ranch I didn't like.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i have tried the ranch, raspberry and honey mustard. oh and the ketchup, ALL NASTY.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Tastes like *kitten*
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'd rather do the yogurt dressings you find in the produce aisle- they're usually 1.5-3 grams of fat per tablespoon, and like 45 -60 calories, and they actually taste okay. The walden farms is pretty gross in my opinion
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    lizzocat wrote: »
    I'd rather do the yogurt dressings you find in the produce aisle- they're usually 1.5-3 grams of fat per tablespoon, and like 45 -60 calories, and they actually taste okay. The walden farms is pretty gross in my opinion

Boathouse Farms is the name of the yogurt dressings I get and I agree - they are yummy!

• KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like the Ranch, Thousand Island and Caesar dressings. I use them because I have Celiac Disease and they are gluten free.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    KarenB927 wrote: »
    I like the Ranch, Thousand Island and Caesar dressings. I use them because I have Celiac Disease and they are gluten free.

You can make dressing at home thats gluten free. And probably cheaper. And definitely better tasting
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I like them.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've had it before, since a family member buys them.
    The sesame ginger one is palatable. I'd still rather have a dressing with calories in it.
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Some of the products taste nice. Some are garbage. Everyone seems to like different ones. I like the bacon dressing and hate the bacon dip. The chocolate syrup and berry jellies are ok but the peanut butters are way too salty. The alfredo sauce is gross but the BBQ sauce is good in my opinion. They are never as good as the real thing, though. I like to try everything out there so I blew a lot of money testing their stuff. For a normal person, though, I'd say not to bother.