I ran a half marathon on Saturday! Are you thinking about r

Options
I'm proud to say I completed my first half marathon on Saturday in 2 hours in 14 minutes! Now the challenge is to keep up with running and healthy eating habits. I highly recommend to anyone who has considered running a marathon to DO IT! It was very exciting and one of the best feelings when I crossed the finish line. Now I feel like I can accomplish anything I put my mind to! And to all of you out there who think marathons are just for runners, it's quite the opposite! There were participants of all ages and sizes. It's the dedication that makes you a runner :)

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great accomplishment :) I am also NOT a runner but am working right now up to my first 5k and contemplating aiming for a half marathon. You are inspiring!!
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats! We have two coming up this summer and it will be our first as well!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great. Congratulations!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am going to do my first 5k on memorial day :D I'm excited!
  • onlyJoanna
    onlyJoanna Posts: 20
    Options
    Congrats :)

My ultimate goal would be to be fit enough to run the Marathon Des Sables. A long way off but still....
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    isn't it the best feeling ever?? I ran my first half marathon in November 2010, and have already ran two more since then. they are just so much fun!! and the feeling of accomplishment is just awesome!! going to run another in October and then my first full marathon in November of this year. and I am so excited that I can hardly stand it!! keep up the good work!!
  • spelkey19
    spelkey19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome! One day soon I'll get there!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you that is wonderful. I just started training for my first 5k in July, then I want to run a couple of 10k's, then ultimately my goal is to complete a half marathon by the end of next year.
    You should be proud of yourself, and thanks for sharing, it inspires us all!
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    Excellent!! I just ran my first 10k last weekend and am doing my first half marathon in August.....my goal is to not walk any of it and to come in under 2 hours and 15 minutes!!! Keep it up!!
  • GirlPower1018
    Options
    I'm proud to say I completed my first half marathon on Saturday in 2 hours in 14 minutes! Now the challenge is to keep up with running and healthy eating habits. I highly recommend to anyone who has considered running a marathon to DO IT! It was very exciting and one of the best feelings when I crossed the finish line. Now I feel like I can accomplish anything I put my mind to! And to all of you out there who think marathons are just for runners, it's quite the opposite! There were participants of all ages and sizes. It's the dedication that makes you a runner :)

I agree it is the dedication! Wonderful JOB!!!! :) Plus you get a really nice medal after you run the 1/2!!! Now have you thought about a triathalon? I have run 4 1/2 marathons and loved them and I have just started training for my first tri! Great JOB!!!!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Great job!! I want to run a half marathon!! I ran a 5k a month or so ago and am working on my distance currently. I am only up to 3.6 miles, so I think it might take me forever to get to 13.1!!
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    wow, that's a good time! I'm not a hardcore runner, but I've run/walked two half marathons the last couple years. I just signed up for a new one at disneyland later this year, and hoping to train hard for it over the summer.
  • HappyKris
    HappyKris Posts: 7
    Options
    I started off slow too. I ran a 5K and then decided to start training for the half! Keep up the good work! :)
  • HappyKris
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I would be up for possibly training for another one - the feeling was great! I can't believe how many random people cheer you on while you run! It was so motivating! Good luck to everyone training for one!
  • HappyKris
    Options

I agree it is the dedication! Wonderful JOB!!!! :) Plus you get a really nice medal after you run the 1/2!!! Now have you thought about a triathalon? I have run 4 1/2 marathons and loved them and I have just started training for my first tri! Great JOB!!!!

No I've never thought about a tri! Now that's something I'm not sure I'm fit to do? I've never looked into it! I can't believe you've ran 4 of them, that's awesome! Good luck on your tri!
  • HappyKris
    Options
    isn't it the best feeling ever?? I ran my first half marathon in November 2010, and have already ran two more since then. they are just so much fun!! and the feeling of accomplishment is just awesome!! going to run another in October and then my first full marathon in November of this year. and I am so excited that I can hardly stand it!! keep up the good work!!

THE BEST FEELING! I LOVED IT!
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    Awesome! Great inspiration! Disney announced a brand new Tinkerbell Half Marathon (in Cali) in January 2012 and while I am NOT a runner, I desperately want to be one and that would be the best trip ever!!
  • tpwalker57
    tpwalker57 Posts: 8
    Options
    It truly makes you stop and take notice of what you can accomplish!!! Congrats that is something to be very proud of! I jogged my 1st 1/2 marathon Jan 8th 2011 At Walt Disney World! I trained but didn't lose a lot of the weight I wanted to. I am Jogging the Sept 4th 2011 1/2 Marathon at Disneyland (if completed I also get a coast to coast medal) It is good to set goals once accomplished you realize at the finish line you so had it in you the whole time!!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If you are working up to your first 5k, you are a runner! :smile:
    Congratulations! What a great accomplishment :) I am also NOT a runner but am working right now up to my first 5k and contemplating aiming for a half marathon. You are inspiring!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!