treadmill motivation

Options
Hi. Have just bought a treadmill, and would love some new friends to motivate me to use it daily - reciprocal or course! Anyone interested?

Replies

• eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a Treadmill, My husband just put a TV on the wall infront of it............ so since then i go on for an hour every morning, while i walk i watch a program i recorded on my DVR!!
    I walk between 3.2 & 3.8 mph, on an incline of between 5% & 10%, i change it up during the hour, I walk off around 400/500 calories .......all while watching TV , win win ha ha
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I used to hate cardio, especially running / walking. Now I have a gym membership and I actually enjoy doing the treadmill and arc trainer. I usually do a 2.5-2.7 mph with a serious incline and plug in my headphones and zone out. That incline destroys calories especially while keeping my heart rate in zone 1.

Good luck.
  • fitsjj2015
    fitsjj2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can i add you as friends so you both remind me to use it !!!!
  • fitsjj2015
    fitsjj2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine (treadmill) has an 8 week plan, with 3 workouts each week, so I've done week 1 no 1 about 3 times - at the moment only walking for about 20 mins as I'm so out of condition but does go quite fast in the middle and inclines up to number 7. Tells me that I burn 100 call in those 20 mins.
  • eurochick64
    Options
    I also use the treadmill at the gym, with my ear buds in, and watch the people....time flies by, before you know it, 400 calories !!, you burn more with incline though, !!
    I also lift weights, I am determined to drop a few lbs now though, spring is around the corner !!
  • eurochick64
    edited February 2015
    Options
    deleted.....to ask you in PM!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    http://www.gojiplay.com/ for gamers.
    I run outside.
  • TracyProvo
    TracyProvo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been running on my treadmill 3-4 times a week .. I run with earphones on with music but once all this snow goes away and the temp comes up a few degrees I'll be back outside
  • boiledpeanutlver
    boiledpeanutlver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have started using my treadmill 5 days a week. I work night shift the other 2 days and am just too tired. I have to watch tv while I walk.