NO ROUTINE

Options
I don't belong to a club and my exercise class - I can only get there on Monday nights except for this month as all of the Holiday programs are on Mondays. I don't have any videos so the only exercise I have been getting is shoveling snow and some sit-ups. Does anyone have any suggestions for exercise in the home without videos?

Replies

• guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't belong to a club and my exercise class - I can only get there on Monday nights except for this month as all of the Holiday programs are on Mondays. I don't have any videos so the only exercise I have been getting is shoveling snow and some sit-ups. Does anyone have any suggestions for exercise in the home without videos?
  • amccarville
    Options
    if you have a set of stairs you can run up and down them. make sure to wear your tennis shoes though. i did them today and got my heart rate going pretty good. i also love jumping jacks.:wink::flowerforyou: good luck to you.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    go online an find some calesthenic routines. You can do an hour of pushup, arm exercises with canned vegetables if you dont have weights, jumping jacks, tons of leg lifts, squattin, lower and upper ab routines, etc... just look online and find some stuff your comfortable with. you can burn alot of calories doing those properly! Good luck:) Anything you do that gets you off the couch is great!
  • KBagwell
    Options
    If you have Comcast or RoadRunner cable....I know they have fitness on demand...lots of GREAT workouts!!! :smile:
  • glancees
    Options
    If you aren't opposed to doing videos, check if there are any to borrow from your local library. That's where I get most of my workout videos.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    youtube has a lot of fitness videos.

Lynnie
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's "you", but if you like yoga, there is yogatoday.com where they have a streaming vid every day that you can follow. I really like it. And I'm gonna guess there may be similar sites like that with other exercise routines. If I find any others I'll give you a shout-out.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you have Comcast or RoadRunner cable....I know they have fitness on demand...lots of GREAT workouts!!! :smile:

Even if you don't have on demand, some of the regular cable channels have workout shows too. I get FitTV and they have some good stuff.

You could try using one stair as a step and just do a little step aerobics...I play with my kids (they're 1 and 4)...we turn on music and dance, jump, sing, I lift them and do squats. They love it and it kicks my butt!
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas - I don't have cable but the stairs and video streams are definately getting my attention. Thanks again.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great ideas - I don't have cable but the stairs and video streams are definately getting my attention. Thanks again.

If you do have stairs you can treat the lower one like a stair master? Like just step up and down and up and down in controlled motions and get your heart rate up. :)
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Do lunges back and forth accross the room.

You can buy a jump rope and do that outside...

I do 30 sec on 30 sec rest. Great cardio and works your arms.