Care to share your favorite product, tip, food, etc. that has helped you with your weight loss?

Options
I don't know about you, but for me, my weight loss journey has had me reading a lot more labels and paying more attention to what I'm eating. :) In this process, I've had a couple of "a-ha" moments and excitement for items that I can eat. I'm curious to read what you've found ....

Here are some of my products I've found that have helped me .....
*dried edamame snack packs (100 calories, 11 grams of protein)
*powdered peanut butter (never knew it existed)-- I like the PB2 kind ....
*mushrooms (can/jar)-- I LOVE mushrooms ... I feel like I'm "cheating" when I snack on those
*Babel light cheese chunks -- 50 calories each

What have you found that works for you?

Replies

• chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I meant to add I found a light popcorn bag ... the entire bag is under 60 calories! :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing has been my Taylor food scale.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Bulking stuff out with vegetables has been a big one for me. Stews, bolognaises, lasagnes, casseroles - all can be made so much bigger and heartier with the addition of mushrooms, zucchini, capsicum etc.

Light Laughing Cow Cheese - soooo versatile, not only great as a snack on crackers or celery/carrots, but makes amazing creamy mashed potato, a cheese sauce for veg, a stuffing for chicken breasts.

And not a food, by pre-logging your day. Knowing what you're eating, how much wriggle room you have, not having to make snap decisions when you're hungry. It's the best advice I could give!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Bulking stuff out with vegetables has been a big one for me. Stews, bolognaises, lasagnes, casseroles - all can be made so much bigger and heartier with the addition of mushrooms, zucchini, capsicum etc.

Light Laughing Cow Cheese - soooo versatile, not only great as a snack on crackers or celery/carrots, but makes amazing creamy mashed potato, a cheese sauce for veg, a stuffing for chicken breasts.

And not a food, by pre-logging your day. Knowing what you're eating, how much wriggle room you have, not having to make snap decisions when you're hungry. It's the best advice I could give!

I frigging love the Laughing Cow Cheeses.
    I'm gonna go have one right now!

• miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    MCT oil
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    propel_advanced_3.jpg
    and
    GiantTranceX291_celk2_cl.jpg
    and
    gym-of-the-month-perth-ultimate-fitness_c.jpg
    and
    61F9dkW-pHL._SL1215_.jpg
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    A pool and a food scale.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My body tells me what I need (veggies, lean meat, dairy, fruit). And no, I don't listen to my "mouth" for the junk stuff.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    and

and

and
    My bike is prettier than yours
    brcv10k5igaq.png

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    and

and

and
    My bike is prettier than yours
    brcv10k5igaq.png

Pfft, hard tails, shmard tails.... ;)

• astripli
    astripli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I have learned more no no's than yes's. But I have to say I really do like protein powders. They fill you up, and help you reach or exceed your Protein goal for the day, and we all know protein builds muscle and muscle burns fat. I use 100% Whey protein since I am lactose and tolerant.
    Another trick I have learned is to buy boneless skinless chicken breasts in bulk and cook them all up, dice them, then individualize them in freezer bags and freeze them. They are really good with salads, sandwiches, make chicken and rice, etc. there are endless possibilities.
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can actually burn quite a few calories just by walking.

Eating more protein - really had no idea how filling it could be! Also other sources of protein, I like meat fine enough but I don't like to eat it every day, things like cottage cheese and Greek yoghurt were quite pleasantly surprising for me.

CICO pure and simple - not worrying precisely what you're eating and when, like the 'must have breakfast, low carb, nothing after 7pm' etc type rules.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    MFP and my food scale. The grocery store has also been pivotal. ;)
  • jamesbhynes
    Options
    The t - fall opti-grill. It is every bit as good as advertised and better. It's like a George Forman grill with a brain, lol. Look it up, best small appliance I ever bought.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    MFP, my Fitbit, my food scale are all new to me in the last year that ended up being really helpful.

More recently, I finally started enjoying my slow cooker, and using it to prep lunches.

A good Tupperware set was amazingly helpful and something I wish I'd gotten sooner.

Good running shoes (I need another pair), a gym membership.
  • lecanto1
    lecanto1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Going to the local fruit & veg stand, buying what looks good & is a good deal, then planning some meals around those items. Basically my tip is planning ahead/meal prep. This way I am avoiding less healthy choices. Plus saving $. & I feel better about myself by being organized.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Exercise is actually what inspired me to fuel my body with the right types of foods. It's only been over the past month that I've started looking at ingredients and thinking to myself "Okay, what will eating this do for my body? What am I gaining from eating this?"

Things I eat now that were previously not part of my diet:

- Quest bars (YUM)
    - Oatmeal
    - Almonds
    - Greek yogurt
    - Canned Tuna

Soon I'll be able to add protein powder to that list! Just waiting on my oder from VitaMart (:

Edit to add my FitBit! My One was great, but LOVE my Charge HR.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    MFP.
    My food scale.
    My bike and my kayak.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Fitting exercise into my day, whether it's the gym or even a half hour walk, I try to do something daily, that's helped keep me motivated