Portion control?

Options
so a tend to eat not as frequently through the day but when I do I tend to eat larger portions.

Do you can any tips on how I can start to make my meals smaller

I know eating little through out the day is good, but for Some reason, I seem to have a bit of trouble with that.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with big portions if it fits your rcalorie goals, and there is nothing good or bad in eating little throughout the day?
  • lucid317
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with big portions if it fits your rcalorie goals, and there is nothing good or bad in eating little throughout the day?

Thanks for some reason I keep thinking it's bad to have large portions, but it's okay since I only have 2 or 3 meals a day no snacks usually right?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    If you would rather eat smaller portions, then by all means do so. For example, cut your sandwich in half to make two smaller meals, or eat 100 calorie "snacks" such as a hard boiled egg, a cup of grapes, a banana, V8 juice, or veggies. If you are single, this is easy. If you are married, it might be a bit tougher but you can still do it.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If you are more comfortable eating larger portions less frequently, it's perfectly ok.
    If,on the other hand, you're getting hungry and faint/dizzy, then yeah, eat more frequently.

The timing of your meals doesn't matter in terms of weight loss. Sticking to your calorie goal does.

I can't graze all day long, I would constantly think about food. I do better with skipping breakfast, eating lunch, dinner, and evening snacks, relatively close together.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    lucid317 wrote: »

Thanks for some reason I keep thinking it's bad to have large portions, but it's okay since I only have 2 or 3 meals a day no snacks usually right?

As long as you're within your calorie goal, eat as often as you like. Some people eat one big meal a day, others eat 6. Meal timing is irrelevant for weight loss!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If that's the way you want to do it, fine. As long as you are in your calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. If you're finding yourself hungry throughout the day and would like to eat more often, just find some snacks you enjoy, and make your meal portions a bit smaller. I eat six times a day and you're welcome to look at my diary for ideas.
  • healthygal95
    healthygal95 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories, spread out your calories however you wish. Although I'm new to this, everything I've read on the forums saw that CICO is what matters most, timing does not
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    use smaller bowls and plates.
  • art_brutale
    art_brutale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try the Beck Diet Solution book, it worked wonders on my portion sizing and in between meal snacking.