have any of you had good belly results after being obese?

Options
dorkybeetch
dorkybeetch Posts: 8
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 24, 5' 9, and up until I was 15, I weighed around 215 lbs. I lost weight sophomore year, and got down to 175. Stayed between 165 and 175 until I was about 19, when I got down to 140. My weight has gone up and down between 140 and 165 since then. I'm really trying to work harder this time and tone up my body, especially my stomach. I'm having such a hard time. I feel like my belly will never get toned, and my belly button will always look like a cave. Have any of you had this problem? And if so, were you able to fix it, or is there no hope for me to tighten my belly button region?

Right now I do Jillian Michaels videos 5 times a week and intermediate Pilates videos 7 days a week at night. My deficit is only about 200-400 calories, but if I do less, I crave food all the time. I've been reading a lot about eating less carbs, and I'm not sure if that's my answer or not.

t64gnn.jpg
vhruw3.jpg
2yjxxue.jpg
19r3q0.jpg

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Hi... welcome. Check out this thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10042926/from-big-belly-to-big-success-share-your-pics#latest

And, you would probably benefit from a lifting program, but I will let posters way more experienced than I am talk to you about that.

Good luck!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hey! I haven't been higher than 180, so I can't say that I have the same problem. But I just wanted to tell you that you are looking really great. My stomach doesn't look tight when I'm bent over like that either! What are your goals as far as weight, and what do you do for exercise?
  • dorkybeetch
    Options
    Thank you! My goal is to get down to 135. I'm at 145 right now with a decent amount of lean muscle. You look so great in your picture. Maybe I'll just have to live with never having a tight belly button. Lol sigh.

The people on that thread are so inspiring.
  • dorkybeetch
    Options
    And for exercise, I do the 30 day shred 4 days a week, and yoga meltdown level 1 and 2 one day a week. Then every night, I do a30 minute intermediate Pilates video.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10042926/from-big-belly-to-big-success-share-your-pics#latest

And, you would probably benefit from a lifting program, but I will let posters way more experienced than I am talk to you about that.

Good luck!

I think she would benefit from from a lifting program as well. Though there are a lot of lifters on here and we pretty much always suggest it. If you find you like it, and it's something you'd be interested in, your physique and body comp would benefit greatly.
  • dorkybeetch
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Good luck!

I think she would benefit from from a lifting program as well. Though there are a lot of lifters on here and we pretty much always suggest it. If you find you like it, and it's something you'd be interested in, your physique and body comp would benefit greatly.

Was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that lol. I don't have the money for a gym membership right now. It's something I really want to do though. I would love to get stronger, too.
  • dorkybeetch
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Good luck!

Was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that lol. I don't have the money for a gym membership right now. It's something I really want to do though. I would love to get stronger, too.

Oooh! That's okay. You can do body weight stuff for free. I am not too up on that, so I can't give specific advice, but nerdfitness.com has some good routines I believe. Also, have you seen the "So you want a flat stomach" thread? It's amazing. Check it out. It's a sticky.
  • dorkybeetch
    Options
    Awesome... Thanks!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Ack.
    Never mind. User removed the photos. Anyway, she had amazing progress using calisthenics. I second nerdfitness. There are others, convict conditioning, body by you....
  • dorkybeetch
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Looks like mostly loose skin. You are not the only one with that problem so don't feel bad. Incorporate some weight training for sure.

As far as the loose skin goes, you will just have to stay the course and see what happens. You are young and should still have good elasticity in your skin. A negative is depending on how long you were obese, you will have lost a little elasticity. You just have to wait and see how your body conforms. You could be looking at 2 or 3 years for it to snap back as much as it will. Also, keep hydrated.

That was my biggest fear... Thanks. I hope time is good to me!!
  • momtomaddy27
    momtomaddy27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there. I think you look amazing! Great work!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Looks like mostly loose skin. You are not the only one with that problem so don't feel bad. Incorporate some weight training for sure.

As far as the loose skin goes, you will just have to stay the course and see what happens. You are young and should still have good elasticity in your skin. A negative is depending on how long you were obese, you will have lost a little elasticity. You just have to wait and see how your body conforms. You could be looking at 2 or 3 years for it to snap back as much as it will. Also, keep hydrated.
    Agree with this. My stomach was much like OP's when I first lost all my weight and it has taken years to tighten up. It gets better each year and now is at a point where the loose skin really only shows when in a "push up" position. So other then shirtless push ups being out of the question, it really doesn't effect me. :)

• dorkybeetch
    Options
    Aw thanks.

And thanks for sharing that... I hope my skin tightens up as well as your did.