AWESOME CHALLENGE GROUP LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Options
We are currently looking for more members for a Biggest Loser type challenge that will be starting Monday, Febuary 23rd, Here is a little info on our group:

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 15 and are currently planning to continue running this challenge through 2015. So if you ‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, Febuary 23rd. It will run for 6 weeks.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Monday, every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team leader. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by it's participants
3) Individual recognition for the week's biggest loser
4) Individual recognition for the week's highest challenge points earner

We have weekly challenges, as well as optional challenges to participate in throughout the competition. You earn at least one point for each day’s challenge that you complete. At the end of the week, you will also earn points for completing the weekly challenge and some fun new side competitions!

We also have optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!! Examples of mini challenges include - steps/mileage tracking, earning exercise points toward charitable donations, meeting goals in a bingo style game, etc. We change these up every season. Some past challenges that may return include: running, abs, strength training, squats, zumba, etc.

Space will be limited, so if you are interested please let us know right away. Please keep in mind before asking to join that we are looking for participants who will give board participation, support, and can commit to participating the entire 6 weeks of competition! Please note that participation will require you to be able to put some time in every week to check in with your team, keep up with board participation, and complete challenges. Access to the forums through the web, not an app, will be required.

Replies

• roxanna_hassan
    roxanna_hassan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Roxanna and I'd love to join. I never done anything like this before so I don't know much. But I'm definitely up for the challenge
  • DarcG
    DarcG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join for sure! As long as it's easy to follow and keep updated. I'm just learning the app
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well. What do you need me to do to sign up?
  • Jla408
    Jla408 Posts: 1,830 Member
    Options
    Just leave us your name here, which you have done, and we will put you on the list based on order
  • kyuwook
    kyuwook Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to participate.. :( Heavily overweight and i need to shed a few for my wedding in August... :\
  • Jla408
    Options
    kyuwook wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to participate.. :( Heavily overweight and i need to shed a few for my wedding in August... :\

Congrats!!! Don't worry there are people of all sizes and motivations! I am also starting to get body ready for my wedding next year
  • Jla408
    Options
    Looking for a total of probably 20-30 people
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ok , i am in ! should be fun and motivating
  • jessclaflin
    Options
    I'm Jessica. I really would love to join! sounds fun: I want an extra motivation to lose a bit weight before spring/summer comes. I do thing called cosplay: I'm tryin to look my best for conventions coming up. Ps: im competitive too.
  • BootCampC
    edited February 2015
    Options
    only problem is my slider doesnt reflect my loss.. fixed it , nevermind this post
  • 645408lk
    Options
    I am in!! Sounds like a great plan
  • BootCampC
    Options
    fixed it
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a bit of a challenge, I'm really focused on losing my last 15lbs to get to my UGW, never done anything like this before though, also another one who since losing weight has found out she's got a competitive side.
  • shilpa181
    shilpa181 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will like to take up some challenges .
  • jazzcollege
    Options
    Hello my name is Jasmine I would love to join this challenge! I havent done anything like this before but the support of a team would be awesome! Please contact me with info.
  • Jla408
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much everyone. Wait for invite in the next week or so, and still hoping for more.
  • anotherwarriorgirl
    Options
    I'd like to join! :)
  • swechter
    swechter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in! I would love to be a part of this challenge!
  • mopedgirl007
    mopedgirl007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would like to be to join! I loved the challenges I use to participate in on this site.
  • jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Me!