Just saying hello.

Options
I've been using My Fitness Pal since March 25, 2011 and didn't use the blogs until now, so I thought I would introduce myself. I am a 57 year old male living in Homewood, AL. Got a wonderful wife, 2 sons, 1 step-daughter. 2 grandsons, 1 granddaughter, and 1 great granddaughter. Over the years I have put on way too much weight (some due to the great meals that my wife and step-daughter make and I eat way too much of them).
A couple of years ago I got into a contest on one of the local radio stations and lost 51 pounds in 3 months and was named the big looser of Birmingham. But when the contest ended, so did my exercise and good eating habits, and I gainded all the weight back. I kept saying I needed to get back to a healthier life style and even joined the local recreation center that has a great weight room and arobic machines you need, since it only cost me $30 per year with the senior discount. But without logging my food, I tended to sneak in snacks more often than I should have. Then my step-daughter told me that I should check out the apps on my blackberry. I found a couple that I tried and decided that the myfitnesspall app had a better database than the others. The app for my blackberry makes it easy to keep track of my calories. So far I have lost 27.4 lbs in the six weeks. My goal weight is 225 (another 28 lbs) and hoping to hit that by my 58th birthday in August.

Replies

• simone74
    simone74 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! I'm relatively new here as well and I find the entire site a wealth of knowledge and support!
  • miasmom33
    miasmom33 Posts: 12
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I so fully understand the struggle, I just started on here last night in hopes for the inspiration and support as I tend to lose my drive quick when life gets in the way or I'm not seeing quick enough results. It's something I've got to stop doing. Congrats on the goals you've reached so far and good luck to you! See you on the threads! :) - Tara
  • u0904058
    u0904058 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi there I am also new, just joined yesterday!!! Good luck and hope you achieve your goal!
  • lordcarvin
    lordcarvin Posts: 12
    Options
    Rock on Ron....
  • scooter76
    scooter76 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your great success already!!