Slowly yet surely

Options
I was getting a little discouraged today, because when I look in the mirror I just don't see a difference from six months ago. Let alone, the last few months where Ive really started pushing myself to live a healthier lifestyle. So I decided to take some pictures to remotivate myself. Decided to share, I'll be finishing up Les Mills Combat in 11 days, and be taking more pictures at the end of the program, these pictures are from eating better, and the last 50 days of Combat :) Nowhere near where I want to be, but it's progress and I am happy to see a change! na049i2jn7h3.jpg

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    After years of yo yo weight I am taking it slow and easy this time around. Keep up the effort. Ditching processed carbs helping this time around. It has been slow but I am down 40 pounds over the last year. Not regaining this time around is my main objective even if I go a month and do not lose one additional pound I am being successful.
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    After years of yo yo weight I am taking it slow and easy this time around. Keep up the effort. Ditching processed carbs helping this time around. It has been slow but I am down 40 pounds over the last year. Not regaining this time around is my main objective even if I go a month and do not lose one additional pound I am being successful.

Thank you! I don't mind it coming off slow if that means it's going to be staying off, I'm working hard to make sure that's the case this time. Awesome job on the 40 lb loss! I've lost around 14 lbs in the pictures above, I have about 62lbs to go :)
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Nice work. You are doing great! (*) (*) (*)
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Absolutely! None of us want to have to do this again!! You are doing great, and I feel slow and steady wins the race! Congrats on what you have lost. I can definitely see the difference!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Nice work. You are doing great! (*) (*) (*)

Thank you :)

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    dinobomp wrote: »

Absolutely! None of us want to have to do this again!! You are doing great, and I feel slow and steady wins the race! Congrats on what you have lost. I can definitely see the difference!

Thank you! You're right, slow and steady wins the race. I just got to keep remembering that and keep pushing myself everyday :)

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Excellent work!

Thanks!! :)
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Slowly can be good. I only lose about half pound a week on average, a pound on a good week but it all adds up. In 2012 I was a size 24, now I'm a 16. I've put a few pounds back on since Christmas so I'm trying to get them off again. You're doing great :)
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    cazpom37 wrote: »
    Slowly can be good. I only lose about half pound a week on average, a pound on a good week but it all adds up. In 2012 I was a size 24, now I'm a 16. I've put a few pounds back on since Christmas so I'm trying to get them off again. You're doing great :)

Congrats on your loss so far and thank you! :) That's kind of become my mindset, as long as it's going down even if it's slowly it's still progress. It's also why Ive decided to take pictures and measurements too, because I often find that I lose inches much quicker then the scale moves.
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes I noticed my inches going down much quicker than the scales did. My clothes were getting loose so quickly I was always safety pinning my trousers up! I stopped worrying about getting big numbers and just accepted the small losses and they add up quicker than you think. Best of luck with your journey xx
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging pictures.
    I was sad because I did not see much progress on the scale. However, my pants are baggier and shirts fit better. I am now refocused and steadily moving ahead. :)

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    cazpom37 wrote: »
    Yes I noticed my inches going down much quicker than the scales did. My clothes were getting loose so quickly I was always safety pinning my trousers up! I stopped worrying about getting big numbers and just accepted the small losses and they add up quicker than you think. Best of luck with your journey xx

Thank you :) I had to go out and buy a couple pair of new jeans tonight :) Felt good going a size down!

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    agbmom556 wrote: »
    Thank you for the encouraging pictures.
    I was sad because I did not see much progress on the scale. However, my pants are baggier and shirts fit better. I am now refocused and steadily moving ahead. :)

Aww yay, keep up the good work! The scale is an evil thing isn't it? Thank you :)
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race (*)
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    akern1987 wrote: »
    :) absolutely!

• Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Just keep at it. It has taken me a year to lose 50lbs but it's gone for good. I sometimes get discouraged when I see people who have lost more in less time, but as long as I keep losing slowly I am happy.

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    Beanogirl wrote: »

Just keep at it. It has taken me a year to lose 50lbs but it's gone for good. I sometimes get discouraged when I see people who have lost more in less time, but as long as I keep losing slowly I am happy.

Thank you :) I am the same way, I see people who have dropped 50 lbs in 3-6 months...and I try to compare myself to them and it gets discouraging when in 4-6 months Ive only lost around 14 lbs. I know everyone is different though, and as long as the weight is coming off I am happy.

• penneysfit
    penneysfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!