Flavoring water

Options
What do you use to flavor your water when it gets old? fruit? Do you use any of those liquids you can squirt into your water like crystal light or mio? What are your opinions on those water enhancers like mio and crystal light?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I like Mio.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't often flavor my water, but when I do, it's usually a squeeze of a citrus fruit like lemon or lime.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Those are full of toxins so I avoid them. But... to each their own. Depends on priorities. A squirt of lemon or a splash of juice is nice. I also love to make some jasmine tea or yerba mate to keep in the refrigerator.
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I drink mine plain, but that's just me.
  • primalsarah
    primalsarah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love drinking La Croix every now and then... the coconut flavor is awesome.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I usually enjoy mine plain, but from time to time the Mio bottles give a nice light flavoring. I've also used different 'leftover' fruits to infuse. Such as when I randomly have a few extra strawberries or blueberries, I'll stick those in to infuse.

Not sure what type of toxins may be in Mio. Never heard that one before :confused:
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon water or 0 calorie vitamin water
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I love drinking La Croix every now and then... the coconut flavor is awesome.

I agree. But I can't help but giggle at the name. I always read it as "La Crotch" lol
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Oh! And cucumber. Slice some cucumber and put it in the water overnight in the fridge. So refreshing.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I don't often flavor my water, but when I do, it's usually a squeeze of a citrus fruit like lemon or lime.
    This!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    NUUN. They are awesome. Or I just put fruit in it. I love limes with cucumber, green apples with a cinnamon stick or lemons with fresh basil.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I drink peach mango green tea by Crystal Light. If they ever stop making it I will cry a thousand tears and they will smell faintly of peaches and mangoes.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    If you're already drinking plenty of plain water and are just looking for a little life, I'd suggest infusing it with fruit/herbs like others said or just putting a splash of lemon in it. Crystal Light or Mio is usually better if you have a hard time getting water in general, though if you want to give it a try go for it. If you don't have to buy extra things though (assuming you already buy fruits/herbs), why not go with that?
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light Flavored Drink Mix
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I use the Crystal Light type packets. More specifically, I use the Walmart Great Value brand and occasionally the Hawaiian Punch flavors. They only add 10 calories per packet. I can drink plain water, but not my city's tap water, and I'd rather buy the packets and fill my reusable bottles than buy huge flats of bottled water every week and have to deal with all of the empty bottles. I've tried infusing with fruit and just didn't care for it.
  • MegDah1
    MegDah1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use the Powerade zero drops! The flavour is pretty strong so I find I use less and the bottle lasts longer than other brands :)
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I would put lemon juice in mine.
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you have the space in your fridge, I sometimes make flavored water when I'm not being good about drinking enough and want to spice it up...I have a huge water container (it looks like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a5/87/7a/a5877af7d5beb0ada24ed8b78514236e.jpg) that I drop some fresh fruit in - strawberries, lemons, berries, whatever, you could even do mint or cucumber if you're into that kind of flavor. The fruit can infuse for a few days so as you drink the water replace it for a continuous flavor. Just toss it in and let it soak for a good few hours so the flavor gets around.

My only pro tip here is if you do lemon take off the rind. Soaking the rind for too long will make it too strong/bitter...just the fruit itself will give you a nice lemon taste.

Also the calories are negligible since you aren't eating the fruit and you're drinking it over a long period of time. Doesn't take much to give flavor.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea of squirting chemicals in my nice fresh clean water. I use fresh fruit instead. My favorite is a chunk of pineapple. Strawberries are good (except for the seeds that settle in the water), cucumber, lemon and lime combo, and slices of orange are all yummy.

Yes to the above comment about the rind. After a full day sitting in water that citrus rind gets a bit bitter. I had some tiny cuties (tangarines) and right now my water has a whole peeled tangerine in the bottom, broken into segments. YUM!
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cucumber/lemon and mint